Story: Ethanol Benefits Farmers, Raises Environmental Questions, 10/9/07
1. Why have corn prices risen recently?
2. What percentage of the country's gasoline does President Bush aim to replace with ethanol and other renewable fuels?
3. Why does professor Jan Krieder think that ethanol is a "flawed" fuel option?
4. Why does ethanol plant manager Dave Kramer think that Yuma County, Colorado, is a good place for an ethanol production plant?
5. What is cellulosic ethanol and what are its potential advantages?
For more NewsHour Science Reports, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/science.
For more stories about science and technology for students, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/students/science.