Pet Food Scare
Raises Questions About Food Safety, 6/1/07
1. Almost everything we eat comes from foreign countries. When it enters the United States, how much of it does the Food and Drug Administration inspect?
2. Why are fish and shrimp a particular problem?
3. What were the pet deaths blamed on?
4. What would ultimately cause foreign suppliers to make food safety a priority?
5. What is one thing Congress is thinking about doing?
For more NewsHour Science Reports, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/science.
For more stories about science and technology for students, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/students/science.