Story: Researchers Examine Impact of Exercise on Aging, 3/31/08
1. Why are researchers such as Gordon Lithgow studying roundworms?
2. What are some of the diseases that researchers in the Buck Institute's 15 labs are studying?
3. Why does researcher Simon Melov believe that exercise is important for the elderly?
4. Researcher Cynthia Kenyon, who is using gene manipulation to try to slow down the aging process, recently founded a company. What product is that company aiming to develop?
5. Why is it more difficult to study aging in humans than in animals, according to researchers?
For more NewsHour Science Reports, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/science.
For more stories about science and technology for students, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/students/science.