Story: Fierce Competition Adds Verve to Growing Smart Phone Market, 11/20/07
1. What percentage of Americans own cell phones? How many cell phones exist worldwide?
2. Is there any industry-wide definition of a smart phone? If not, how do most people define it?
3. What percentage of phones sold in the United States today are smart phones?
4. How many years ago did Martin Cooper invent the cell phone? How long did it take Motorola to market the device?
5. How is the search engine company Google planning to enter the cell phone market?
For more NewsHour Science Reports, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/science.
For more stories about science and technology for students, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/students/science.