|Story: FAILURE TO
FIND WEAPONS IN IRAQ LEADS TO INQUIRIES, 6/04/03|
Reading Comprehension Questions:
1. What is the status of the search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?
2. Why are President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair being criticized?
3. What is the CIA doing?
4. What was Tony Blair's response to critics?
5. What does former United Nations chief weapons inspector Richard Butler believe about the weapons in Iraq?
Discussion Activity (more research might be needed):
1. Do you think that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction before the war? Explain your reasoning.
2. How important is it that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction before the war? Are there other reasons that could justify our going to war in Iraq?
Write a 300-500 word essay on either of these topics providing clear examples. Send your completed editorial to NewsHour Extra (firstname.lastname@example.org). Exceptional essays might be published on our Web site.