About the Position
The PBS NewsHour seeks a news developer to build online news apps, develop interactive interfaces, and contribute to data reporting. Candidates should be comfortable working independently or in a small team and should be able to function in a hectic, news-driven environment.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work on high profile news projects as well as large- scale site improvements. The right candidate will bring creativity, analytical skills, and a passion for all forms of digital media.
- Partner with reporters to research, investigate and report on data-driven news stories.
- Develop news applications that allow users to explore the stories behind data.
- Explore emerging technologies and services and develop strategy for digital coverage of major news events.
- Continue development of our second screen applications and the PBS NewsHour Map Center.
- Help to maintain our PHP/Python based CMS and production applications.
This position is part of the PBS NewsHour combined Online and Broadcast production department located in Arlington, VA. The news developer will report to the Creative Director.
Minimum Starting Salary
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and work samples/urls to Travis Daub, Creative Director, PBS NewsHour. email@example.com
Regularly heralded as the most trustworthy news producer on television, the PBS NewsHour also prides itself as an innovator in the online journalism space.
January 11, 2013