Join Us for a State of the Union Google Hangout
Before President Obama makes his State of the Union address tonight, join PBS NewsHour for a Google Hangout hosted by politics editor Christina Bellantoni. She’ll speak with a group of journalists on what they expect to hear in tonight’s speech and will follow up with a group of voters she spoke with during last year’s State of the Union on their personal priorities and concerns for 2013.
Joining her will be:
- Todd Zwillich, Washington correspondent for Public Radio International’s The Takeaway
- Evan McMorris-Santoro, national politics reporter for Talking Points Memo
- Jon Ward, national politics editor for Huffington Post
- Peniel Joseph, professor of history at Tufts University
- Debi Rapson, New Hampshire voter
- and Sam Pritchard, student from Drake University
Tune in to PBS NewsHour’s home page at 8 p.m. ET for their discussion, and again at 10:15 p.m. ET for their post-State of the Union reaction. Tweet your thoughts and questions to @NewsHour using #ourSOTU.
- What’s the state of our union? We checked back in with people featured in some of our favorite stories of 2012 and asked them about the year to come.
- Behind Every President, There is a Speechwriter
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Most Powerful Man (or Woman) for Three Hours
- Volunteer Translators Give State of the Union Global Reach
- Obama to Focus on Economy in State of the Union Address