How Are Student Loans Affecting Your Life?
President Obama greets students at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill after speaking to them about the possibility of interest rates doubling this summer. Photo by Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty Images
On Friday, the House of Representatives voted to keep interest rates for Stafford student loans down by tapping into funds from the health care reform law — despite the threat of a veto from President Obama. We’ll have more on that debate, deeply divided along party lines, on Friday’s NewsHour broadcast.
As student loans become a hot-button issue in this election season, we turn to you to better inform our coverage:
- How are student loans affecting your life?
- Are you still paying them off?
- How much do you/did you owe?
- Has the interest on the amount you owe increased?
- What advice would you give graduating high school seniors who are about to take on college loans?
You can also reach us on Twitter at @newshour or comment below.