What we’re watching Tuesday
Good morning! Here are some of the stories we’re following this a.m.:
Health Care Reform
– President Obama will speak Tuesday on the retooled health care site at 2:30 p.m. EST.
- The Washington Post reports that one-third of those that have enrolled on HealthCare.gov since October 1 may not get the coverage they’re expecting due to errors generated by the site’s computer system.
- A no-confidence vote in Parliament to force out the current government failed Tuesday.
- Ukraine President Viktor F. Yanukovich defended his refusal to sign accords with the European Union amid protest in the country and plans to head to China as scheduled.
United States, China and Japan
- Vice President Joe Biden is visiting Japan, where he said that the United States is “deeply concerned” concerning China’s move last week to establish an air defense zone over disputed islands in the East China Sea.
- The European Court of Human Rights will hear a lawsuit against Poland by two terror suspects held in Guantanamo Bay. The men claim they were subjected to torture while in U.S. custody in the country.