Currencey

  • October 6, 2011  

    In other news Thursday, several hundred people formed a symbolic “99 percent” figure in Washington. They said the top 1 percent of Americans control far more wealth and power than the other 99 percent. Also, the U.S. Senate headed toward a final vote on a bill to punish China for manipulating its currency. Continue reading

  • October 3, 2011  

    For years, American lawmakers have targeted China’s currency, saying it has been deliberately undervalued to give Chinese companies price advantages in international trade. Kwame Holman reports on a Senate bill under consideration that would allow countervailing duties on Chinese good for currency manipulation. Continue reading