Our contributor inherited a 1775 Almanac from his grandfather.
Judging from notes in the margins, this document is far more than a dusty reference manual. Someone has used it as a diary.
The scrawled notes give History Detectives a rare, intimate insight into how conflicting loyalties may have strained personal relationships during the Revolution.
Who wrote this diary? And what role did the author play in the Revolutionary War?
10 ½ Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
George Washington's Almanac
- Also in Season 10 Nazi Spy Toys Did a Nazi spy buy these toy soldiers?
- Also with Elyse Luray Blueprint Special Did this record play a dramatic role in the Allied victory during the Second World War?
- Also with Elyse Luray Space Boot What does this odd-looking boot have to do with America's first steps in space?
- Related Investigation Civil War Soldier Photo Is this the photo of a Civil War soldier actually a woman in disguise?
- Also with Elyse Luray Grace Kelly Car Is this the car driven by an actress turned princess, which would give it a place in cinematic history?
- Also in this episode Exercise Records What role did these records play in the sculpting of america's fixation with fitness?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.