Our contributor inherited a 1775 Almanac from his grandfather.
Judging from notes in the margins, this document is far more than a dusty reference manual. Someone has used it as a diary.
The scrawled notes give History Detectives a rare, intimate insight into how conflicting loyalties may have strained personal relationships during the Revolution.
Who wrote this diary? And what role did the author play in the Revolutionary War?
10 ½ Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
George Washington's Almanac
- Also in Season 9 Japanese Carved Cane What can the message on this cane expose about life behind barbed wire in World War II America?
- Also with Elyse Luray Space Boot What does this odd-looking boot have to do with America's first steps in space?
- Also with Elyse Luray Rogue Book Who did this book of rogue characters belong to?
- Also with Elyse Luray Broadway Ballet Shoes Did this dancer's great-great-grandfather teach Salvatore Capezio to make ballet shoes?
- Related Investigation Drone Propellor Could this propellor have powered a top secret weapon that transformed modern warfare?
- Also in Season 10 Marshall House Flag Did this piece of fabric come from a flag that cost a Union colonel his life?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.