Our contributor inherited a 1775 Almanac from his grandfather.
Judging from notes in the margins, this document is far more than a dusty reference manual. Someone has used it as a diary.
The scrawled notes give History Detectives a rare, intimate insight into how conflicting loyalties may have strained personal relationships during the Revolution.
Who wrote this diary? And what role did the author play in the Revolutionary War?
10 ½ Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
George Washington's Almanac
- Related Investigation Kittery Telescope What can this telescope reveal about America’s earliest struggles for independence?
- Related Investigation Texas POW Camp Was this small town in Texas the home of a WWII POW camp?
- Also with Elyse Luray Dueling Pistols Were these pistols used in the last great duel on U.S. soil?
- Also with Elyse Luray Szyk Picture Could these be early drawings of America's most influential political cartoonist?
- Also in Season 10 Hollywood Sign Is this a piece of the original Hollywood sign?
- Also with Elyse Luray Broadway Ballet Shoes Did this dancer's great-great-grandfather teach Salvatore Capezio to make ballet shoes?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.