Our contributor inherited a 1775 Almanac from his grandfather.
Judging from notes in the margins, this document is far more than a dusty reference manual. Someone has used it as a diary.
The scrawled notes give History Detectives a rare, intimate insight into how conflicting loyalties may have strained personal relationships during the Revolution.
Who wrote this diary? And what role did the author play in the Revolutionary War?
10 ½ Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
George Washington's Almanac
- Related Investigation Kittery Telescope What can this telescope reveal about America’s earliest struggles for independence?
- Related Investigation Drone Propellor Could this propellor have powered a top secret weapon that transformed modern warfare?
- Also in Season 10 WWII Patch What is the story behind these patches?
- Also in Season 9 Hot Town Poster What role did this striking poster play in the explosive events of 1960s America?
- Also in Season 9 Chandler Tintype How did this Civil War era tintype help re-ignite a fiery debate about African Americans bearing arms for the confederacy?
- Also with Elyse Luray Rogue Book Who did this book of rogue characters belong to?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.