Support provided by:
Our contributor inherited a 1775 Almanac from his grandfather.
Judging from notes in the margins, this document is far more than a dusty reference manual. Someone has used it as a diary.
The scrawled notes give History Detectives a rare, intimate insight into how conflicting loyalties may have strained personal relationships during the Revolution.
Who wrote this diary? And what role did the author play in the Revolutionary War?
10 ½ Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
George Washington's Almanac
- Related Investigation Valley Forge Map Did George Washington use this map during the American Revolution?
- Also with Elyse Luray Lost Gold Ship Is this wreck in Alaska the remains of a steamship carrying miners to the great Klondike Gold Rush of 1897?
- Also in Season 10 Chief Black Kettle Are these war spoils of a Cheyenne chief?
- Related Investigation John Hunt Morgan Saddle Could this be a saddle from one of the most audacious attacks launched by the South during the Civil War?
- Also with Elyse Luray Chisholm Trail Did the Chisholm Trail really run through this small town in Texas?
- Also with Elyse Luray King Kong Camera Was this old movie camera used to film the original version of King Kong?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
Anyone wishing to submit an artifact for investigation should do so through Submit a Story.
- Submit your StoryDo you have a Revolution: 1754-1820 object? Submit your story now.
- Latest CommentI have a Pearl Harbor story. It involves a bracelet that was fashioned from the dial labels of one of the kamikaze fighter jets. The dashboard was pulled out before the plane went up in flames after it had crashed. The bracelet was given to my grandmother, (10 hours ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (7 months ago)
- FacebookSome wisdom as the day draws to a close. Like my page for more conversations. Enjoy your evening. Peace, Tukufu. (2 days ago)