Our contributor inherited a 1775 Almanac from his grandfather.
Judging from notes in the margins, this document is far more than a dusty reference manual. Someone has used it as a diary.
The scrawled notes give History Detectives a rare, intimate insight into how conflicting loyalties may have strained personal relationships during the Revolution.
Who wrote this diary? And what role did the author play in the Revolutionary War?
10 ½ Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
George Washington's Almanac
- Related Investigation Galvez Papers What stories do these faded legal pages reveal about a revolutionary war hero’s role in an unexpected love affair?
- Also in Season 10 Beatles Autographs Are these genuine Beatles signatures?
- Also in Season 10 Motown Amp Did this amp boom the bass line of the Motown sound?
- Also in Season 9 Ince Ledger What does this accounts ledger for a movie company have to do with the changing world of the Lakota Sioux?
- Related Investigation Our Colored Heroes Is this a WWI recruitment poster... or something else?
- Also in Revolution: 1754-1820 Independence Trumpet Is a Pennsylvania man's trumpet somehow tied to the Revolutionary War?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.