Our contributor inherited a 1775 Almanac from his grandfather.
Judging from notes in the margins, this document is far more than a dusty reference manual. Someone has used it as a diary.
The scrawled notes give History Detectives a rare, intimate insight into how conflicting loyalties may have strained personal relationships during the Revolution.
Who wrote this diary? And what role did the author play in the Revolutionary War?
10 ½ Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
George Washington's Almanac
- Also in Season 10 Nazi Spy Toys Did a Nazi spy buy these toy soldiers?
- Also with Elyse Luray Chisholm Trail Did the Chisholm Trail really run through this small town in Texas?
- Also with Elyse Luray Szyk Picture Could these be early drawings of America's most influential political cartoonist?
- Also with Elyse Luray Liberty Bell Pin Was one of America’s most iconic symbols melted down into a mere memento?
- Also in Season 9 Yakima Canutt's Saddle What leading role did this saddle play in the birth of the Hollywood cowboy?
- Related Investigation Hitler Films Could these rusting film canisters contain unknown footage of one of the 20th century's most heinous murderers?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.