Support provided by:
In 1964, the year the Beatles first visited America, Jimmy was 14 and his brother Mike was 12 years old. When they heard the band was staying at the Deauville Hotel in Miami Beach, he wrote to the restaurant’s Maître D, and asked for the Beatles’ autographs. To the brothers’ delight, a package arrived with a room service menu signed by John Lennon and a publicity photo signed by Ringo Starr. Jimmy and Mike have cherished these autographs their entire lives.
If the autographs are authentic they could be valuable. A John Lennon autograph can sell for between $1000 and $100,000. History Detectives host Tukufu Zuberi takes on the challenge of determining whether these autographs are genuine or forged.
- Also in Season 10 Bill Of Sale Who was this girl sold into slavery?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Independence Trumpet Is a Pennsylvania man's trumpet somehow tied to the Revolutionary War?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Spanish Civil War Eulogy What can this faded document tell about a US volunteer fighting in another country’s civil war?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1970 Unwed Mother's Home Is this small medallion enough information to help a woman find her birth parents?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1970 Grace Kelly Car Is this the car driven by an actress turned princess, which would give it a place in cinematic history?
- Also in Season 10 WWII Patch What is the story behind these patches?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
Anyone wishing to submit an artifact for investigation should do so through Submit a Story.
- Submit your StoryDo you have a Post War object? Submit your story now.
- Latest Commentthat's unique, if anyone has anything similar to this, then you should do what i do, share your artwork on Art Radio it is one the best up and coming social media platforms for musicians and artists. (3 days ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (7 months ago)
- FacebookHow much do you think it will be worth in 50 years? (3 days ago)