Body In The Basement
Support provided by:
While on a dig, “The Lost Towns of Anne Arundel County” Project unearthed a rather surprising discovery.
Since 1991, this group of anthropologists has been studying a 17th-century settlement in Maryland that became the modern capital of Annapolis.
While excavating a dwelling, the team uncovered a grizzly mystery: a skeleton in the basement!
Was this an executed POW from an English Civil War battle deposited in the cellar of the house?
Or maybe the body of a young man, murdered for his inheritance?
With the expertise of the Lost Towns Team and a Smithsonian forensic anthropologist, the History Detectives set out to determine the identity of the skeleton and find out why it was buried in the basement.
- Related Investigation Airstream Caravan Was this mobile home part of a modern-day wagon train halfway across the world?
- Related Investigation WWII Landing Craft Did this vessel land tanks on the beaches of France during World War II?
- Also with Gwen Wright Shipwreck Cannons Are these the last remains of a navy schooner that fought in a border dispute with the mighty British Empire?
- Also with Gwen Wright U.S.S. Thresher Do these documents disclose information about U.S. secret weapons in the Cold War?
- Also with Gwen Wright Frank Zappa Collage Is the artist who created this piece Frank Zappa?
- Also in Season 2 Home of Lincoln Assassination Plot Did the plot to assassinate Abraham Lincoln begin in this New York City building?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
- Submit your StoryDo you have an object with a mystery? Submit your story now.
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (9 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (9 months ago)