Calf Creek Arrow
Support provided by:
An Oklahoma resident discovered an unusual bison skull while fossil hunting in a dry riverbed.
Lodged in the bone was a handmade point our contributor believes dates back to the Calf Creek culture, which lived in the area around 3000 B.C.
Could this be just another hoax or an incredible archeological discovery?
History Detectives heads to Oklahoma and Texas to find out more about this group of mobile hunter-gatherers and to put this handmade point through the extreme rigors of scientific testing.
- Related Investigation Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
- Also in Beginnings: up to 1620 Body In The Basement Are these the remains of an executed prisoner of war from an English Civil War battle?
- Also with Elyse Luray General Lee's Farewell Address Could this be a signed copy of one of the most famous documents in the history of the Civil War?
- Also in Season 3 Car Tape Deck Is this an example of the first ever commercially produced car tape player?
- Also in Season 4 Lawrence Billy Club Was this truncheon used in the famous Bread and Roses labor strike?
- Also with Elyse Luray Lafayette China Did the Marquis de Lafayette give this china set to the popular wife of the Patriot Mayor?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
Anyone wishing to submit an artifact for investigation should do so through Submit a Story.
- Submit your StoryDo you have an object with a mystery? Submit your story now.
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (6 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (6 months ago)