Calf Creek Arrow
An Oklahoma resident discovered an unusual bison skull while fossil hunting in a dry riverbed.
Lodged in the bone was a handmade point our contributor believes dates back to the Calf Creek culture, which lived in the area around 3000 B.C.
Could this be just another hoax or an incredible archeological discovery?
History Detectives heads to Oklahoma and Texas to find out more about this group of mobile hunter-gatherers and to put this handmade point through the extreme rigors of scientific testing.
- Related Investigation Frank Zappa Collage Is the artist who created this piece Frank Zappa?
- Also with Elyse Luray Amelia Earhart Plane Was this piece of metal ripped from one of the most famous missing planes in history?
- Also with Elyse Luray Lafayette China Did the Marquis de Lafayette give this china set to the popular wife of the Patriot Mayor?
- Also with Elyse Luray Flint Lock Rifle Was this the gun of one of the most infamous bandits operating to undermine the birth of our nation?
- Also in Season 3 Texas POW Camp Was this small town in Texas the home of a WWII POW camp?
- Related Investigation Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.