Calf Creek Arrow
An Oklahoma resident discovered an unusual bison skull while fossil hunting in a dry riverbed.
Lodged in the bone was a handmade point our contributor believes dates back to the Calf Creek culture, which lived in the area around 3000 B.C.
Could this be just another hoax or an incredible archeological discovery?
History Detectives heads to Oklahoma and Texas to find out more about this group of mobile hunter-gatherers and to put this handmade point through the extreme rigors of scientific testing.
- Also with Elyse Luray Annie Oakley Coin Was this coin a target for one of the Wild West's most popular female sharpshooters?
- Related Investigation Civil War Deringers Are these pistols union or rebel?
- Also with Elyse Luray Mouse Toy Could this tiny toy labeled 'Micky' be the original Mickey Mouse?
- Related Investigation Frank Zappa Collage Is the artist who created this piece Frank Zappa?
- Also in this episode Goering Gun Did this shotgun belong to Hitler's right hand man?
- Also in this episode Black Star Line Is this certificate a rare artifact from the heyday of Marcus Garvey?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.