Calf Creek Arrow
An Oklahoma resident discovered an unusual bison skull while fossil hunting in a dry riverbed.
Lodged in the bone was a handmade point our contributor believes dates back to the Calf Creek culture, which lived in the area around 3000 B.C.
Could this be just another hoax or an incredible archeological discovery?
History Detectives heads to Oklahoma and Texas to find out more about this group of mobile hunter-gatherers and to put this handmade point through the extreme rigors of scientific testing.
- Also with Elyse Luray Birth Control Box Could this unusual wooden box be an early contraceptive device?
- Also with Elyse Luray Space Boot What does this odd-looking boot have to do with America's first steps in space?
- Also in Season 4 Vicksburg Map Could this mysterious map have been at the front lines of one of the most explosive battles of the Civil War?
- Also with Elyse Luray Szyk Picture Could these be early drawings of America's most influential political cartoonist?
- Related Investigation Hollywood Sign Is this a piece of the original Hollywood sign?
- Also in Season 3 Texas POW Camp Was this small town in Texas the home of a WWII POW camp?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.