Calf Creek Arrow
An Oklahoma resident discovered an unusual bison skull while fossil hunting in a dry riverbed.
Lodged in the bone was a handmade point our contributor believes dates back to the Calf Creek culture, which lived in the area around 3000 B.C.
Could this be just another hoax or an incredible archeological discovery?
History Detectives heads to Oklahoma and Texas to find out more about this group of mobile hunter-gatherers and to put this handmade point through the extreme rigors of scientific testing.
- Related Investigation Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
- Also in Season 3 Snowshoe's Mailbag Was this the satchel Snowshoe Thompson used to deliver his mail?
- Also in Season 3 Civil War Balloon Could this piece of frayed material be from the country's first military airship?
- Also in Season 3 George Washington Portrait Could this be an authentic portrait of the nation's first president?
- Related Investigation Geronimo Photograph Is this photo really an image of the legendary Apache warrior Geronimo?
- Also with Elyse Luray Drone Propellor Could this propellor have powered a top secret weapon that transformed modern warfare?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.