Calf Creek Arrow
Support provided by:
An Oklahoma resident discovered an unusual bison skull while fossil hunting in a dry riverbed.
Lodged in the bone was a handmade point our contributor believes dates back to the Calf Creek culture, which lived in the area around 3000 B.C.
Could this be just another hoax or an incredible archeological discovery?
History Detectives heads to Oklahoma and Texas to find out more about this group of mobile hunter-gatherers and to put this handmade point through the extreme rigors of scientific testing.
- Also with Elyse Luray WWII Landing Craft Did this vessel land tanks on the beaches of France during World War II?
- Also in Season 4 Calhoun Books Are these the books of the famed intellectual architect of the Confederacy?
- Related Investigation Long Expedition Is this the site of the one of the most significant expeditions in the United States?
- Also with Elyse Luray Wartime Baseball Is this baseball evidence of an unusual ballgame that took place during segregation?
- Also with Elyse Luray Civil War Soldier Photo Is this the photo of a Civil War soldier actually a woman in disguise?
- Also in Season 3 Lee Family Doll Did this doll belong to a former slave of General Robert E. Lee?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
- Submit your StoryDo you have an object with a mystery? Submit your story now.
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (9 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (9 months ago)