Car Tape Deck
A man thinks he may have inherited the first commercially produced automobile tape player in the U.S.
Even more fascinating is the possibility that the technology to produce this early tape player was stolen from the Nazis in a secret mission in the closing days of World War II.
Join History Detectives for a great American road trip, as they head to Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia to examine the clandestine world of high technology espionage and shed light on the little known story of how the U.S. gained the industrial upper hand following World War II.
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Our Colored Heroes Is this a WWI recruitment poster... or something else?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Atocha Spanish Silver What are these markings on a silver bar discovered in the wreck of a Spanish ship?
- Also in Season 4 Survivor Camera Did this antique camera save a Polish Jew during the Holocaust?
- Related Investigation Theremin How did this strange instrument help spark a rock n’ roll revolution?
- Also in Season 4 Confederate Eyeglass Is this how southern sympathizers identified each other during the Civil War?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Prison Plaque Were convicted felons responsible for bringing peace to Western Europe during World War I?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.