History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Related Investigation Josh White Guitar What role did this guitar play in the transformation of the music industry in the 1960's?
- Related Investigation Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa? Teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace in 1975. Was he murdered? If so, who killed him and why?
- Also with Wes Cowan King Kong Camera Was this old movie camera used to film the original version of King Kong?
- Also with Wes Cowan Mouse Toy Could this tiny toy labeled 'Micky' be the original Mickey Mouse?
- Also with Wes Cowan Civil War Balloon Could this piece of frayed material be from the country's first military airship?
- Also in Season 7 Scottsboro Boys Stamp Did a penny stamp help save the Scottsboro Boys from the electric chair?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.