History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Also in Season 7 Pancho Villa Watch Fob Did the owner of this watch fob witness the horrifying raid on Pancho Villa?
- Also in Season 7 Crazy Horse Photo Is this the only photograph of a Native American legend?
- Also in Industrialization: 1870-1900 Doc Holliday's Watch Was this watch a gift from the fearless frontier lawman Wyatt Earp to the gambler Doc Holliday?
- Also in Season 7 Civil War Bridge Has a new discovery rewritten Civil War history?
- Also with Wes Cowan General Lee's Farewell Address Could this be a signed copy of one of the most famous documents in the history of the Civil War?
- Related Investigation Blueprint Special Did this record play a dramatic role in the Allied victory during the Second World War?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.