History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Related Investigation Whaling Ship Might a ship docked in Mystic Seaport, hold secrets to the Underground Railroad?
- Also in Season 7 Hindenburg Artifact Was this device snatched from the burning wreckage of the ill-fated zeppelin?
- Related Investigation Cleveland Electric Car What happened to the electric street car network in Cleveland?
- Also in Industrialization: 1870-1900 Doc Holliday's Watch Was this watch a gift from the fearless frontier lawman Wyatt Earp to the gambler Doc Holliday?
- Also with Wes Cowan Mouse Toy Could this tiny toy labeled 'Micky' be the original Mickey Mouse?
- Also in Industrialization: 1870-1900 Railroad Station Is a disused depot the first railroad station in Texas?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.