History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Also with Wes Cowan Chinese Poems Who were the authors of the poems describing bitterness and misery on the Angel Island detention center walls?
- Also in Industrialization: 1870-1900 Modoc Basket What tales does this basket weave of the heroism of an American-Indian woman?
- Also with Wes Cowan Superman Sketch Is this a WWII sketch from the early days of this comic icon?
- Also with Wes Cowan Goering Gun Did this shotgun belong to Hitler's right hand man?
- Also in Season 7 Navajo Rug Why would a weaver depart from tradition to make this rug?
- Related Investigation WWII Landing Craft Did this vessel land tanks on the beaches of France during World War II?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.