History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Related Investigation Flint Lock Rifle Was this the gun of one of the most infamous bandits operating to undermine the birth of our nation?
- Also with Wes Cowan Superman Sketch Is this a WWII sketch from the early days of this comic icon?
- Also in Industrialization: 1870-1900 Texas Servant Girl Murders Years before Jack the Ripper, did a serial killer walk the streets of Austin, TX?
- Related Investigation Fillmore Pardon Did President Fillmore pardon a Native American convicted of murder?
- Also in Season 7 Boxcar Home Why is a boxcar buried beneath this suburban kitchen?
- Also in Season 7 Amelia Earhart Plane Was this piece of metal ripped from one of the most famous missing planes in history?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.