History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Also with Wes Cowan Civil War Deringers Are these pistols union or rebel?
- Also with Wes Cowan George Washington Portrait Could this be an authentic portrait of the nation's first president?
- Also with Wes Cowan Anti-Slavery Flag Did this old sheet found in a family trunk contribute to the end of slavery in America?
- Related Investigation Connecticut Farmhouse Why did this Connecticut farmhouse have so many owners in such a short space of time?
- Related Investigation Hitler Films Could these rusting film canisters contain unknown footage of one of the 20th century's most heinous murderers?
- Also in Season 7 John Adams Book Was this book a gift from John Adams to his son?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.