History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Related Investigation Whaling Ship Might a ship docked in Mystic Seaport, hold secrets to the Underground Railroad?
- Related Investigation John Brown Pike How did this metal blade spark violent tension between the North and the South?
- Also with Wes Cowan Survivor Camera Did this antique camera save a Polish Jew during the Holocaust?
- Also with Wes Cowan Civil War Deringers Are these pistols union or rebel?
- Also in Season 7 N.E.A.R Device Was this device invented to help Americans believe they could survive a Soviet nuclear attack?
- Also with Wes Cowan Goering Gun Did this shotgun belong to Hitler's right hand man?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.