History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Related Investigation WWII Landing Craft Did this vessel land tanks on the beaches of France during World War II?
- Related Investigation Connecticut Farmhouse Why did this Connecticut farmhouse have so many owners in such a short space of time?
- Also in Season 7 Hindenburg Artifact Was this device snatched from the burning wreckage of the ill-fated zeppelin?
- Also with Wes Cowan Mussolini's Dagger Did a World War II GI return home with Mussolini's dagger?
- Also in Season 7 N.E.A.R Device Was this device invented to help Americans believe they could survive a Soviet nuclear attack?
- Also with Wes Cowan Vietnam War Diary Why did this story capture international interest?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.