History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Related Investigation Chinese Opium Scale Could this really be an opium scale from the Chinese community of Montana?
- Also with Wes Cowan Yakima Canutt's Saddle What leading role did this saddle play in the birth of the Hollywood cowboy?
- Also in Season 7 War Dog letter The military put great effort into a new War Dogs program during WWII. What went wrong on Cat Island?
- Related Investigation Survivor Camera Did this antique camera save a Polish Jew during the Holocaust?
- Also with Wes Cowan Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa? Teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace in 1975. Was he murdered? If so, who killed him and why?
- Also with Wes Cowan Cleveland Electric Car What happened to the electric street car network in Cleveland?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.