History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Related Investigation Red Hand Flag Is this peculiar flag one that African-American soldiers marched under in the war to end all wars?
- Also with Wes Cowan Manhattan Project Patent Was this drawing part of America's secret plans to fuel the atomic bomb?
- Related Investigation Clara Barton Letter What does this letter reveal about America's early efforts to honor its war dead?
- Also in Season 7 Birthplace Of Hip Hop Did this Bronx apartment building give birth to a culture that now spans the globe?
- Also in Industrialization: 1870-1900 Liberty Bell Pin Was one of America’s most iconic symbols melted down into a mere memento?
- Also with Wes Cowan Civil War Deringers Are these pistols union or rebel?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.