History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Related Investigation St Valentine's Day Massacre Was this weapon fired in one of the nation's most infamous crimes?
- Also in Season 7 Birthplace Of Hip Hop Did this Bronx apartment building give birth to a culture that now spans the globe?
- Related Investigation Mussolini's Dagger Did a World War II GI return home with Mussolini's dagger?
- Also in Season 7 Tokyo Rose Did this 1940s recording help convict the woman alleged to be "Tokyo Rose"?
- Also with Wes Cowan Mark Twain's Watch Was this watch a gift from noted author American author Mark Twain?
- Also in Season 7 N.E.A.R Device Was this device invented to help Americans believe they could survive a Soviet nuclear attack?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.