History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Also with Wes Cowan Boarding House Flag Did this flag once save a boarding house from being burned down at the height of the Civil War?
- Also with Wes Cowan Baker's Gold What role did these unusual drawings play in one of the largest mass migrations in American history?
- Related Investigation Vicksburg Map Could this mysterious map have been at the front lines of one of the most explosive battles of the Civil War?
- Related Investigation Airstream Caravan Was this mobile home part of a modern-day wagon train halfway across the world?
- Also with Wes Cowan 3D Cuban Missile Crisis Did this portable projection screen help save the Free World?
- Also in Season 7 Sideshow Babies Was the owner of this cup once a four-pound sideshow exhibit?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.