History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Related Investigation Airstream Caravan Was this mobile home part of a modern-day wagon train halfway across the world?
- Related Investigation Seadrome Did floating airports dot the Atlantic before modern air travel?
- Also with Wes Cowan Yakima Canutt's Saddle What leading role did this saddle play in the birth of the Hollywood cowboy?
- Also with Wes Cowan Superman Sketch Is this a WWII sketch from the early days of this comic icon?
- Also in this episode St Valentine's Day Massacre Was this weapon fired in one of the nation's most infamous crimes?
- Also in Industrialization: 1870-1900 Jigsaw Puzzle Does this puzzle depict a real event - women playing contact sports in the late 19th century?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.