History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Also in Season 7 Hindenburg Artifact Was this device snatched from the burning wreckage of the ill-fated zeppelin?
- Related Investigation Carson Family Secrets Is this book a Carson family heirloom?
- Also with Wes Cowan Vietnam War Diary Why did this story capture international interest?
- Related Investigation Lincoln Forgery Could this piece of sheet music have come from Abraham Lincoln's private collection?
- Also with Wes Cowan Mark Twain's Watch Was this watch a gift from noted author American author Mark Twain?
- Also in Industrialization: 1870-1900 Modoc Basket What tales does this basket weave of the heroism of an American-Indian woman?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.