Civil War Deringers
Dulcie Bomberger brought her pair of Civil War era pistols to the Antiques Roadshow and appraiser Christopher Mitchell told her they were worth as much as $30,000, but if she had more information about the original owner the guns could be worth much more.
This is where History Detectives steps in. Hunting for the man behind these pistols takes History Detectives host Wes Cowan to a Civil War border state torn between loyalties to the blue and the gray.
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601
John P. Thompson Letters
- Related Investigation Lookout Mountain Painting What can this painting tell us about a turning point in the Civil War?
- Related Investigation Liberia Letter Does this letter help to trace one freed man’s dream to return to Africa?
- Also in Season 10 Star Spangled Banner Is this the first official copy of the national anthem?
- Also in Civil War: 1850-1877 Civil War Submarine Is this submarine an example of new technology developed by the Confederates during the Civil War?
- Also in this episode Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also with Wes Cowan Bonnie & Clyde's Bullets Are these the bullets that ended one of the most infamous crime-sprees in American history?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.