Civil War Deringers
Dulcie Bomberger brought her pair of Civil War era pistols to the Antiques Roadshow and appraiser Christopher Mitchell told her they were worth as much as $30,000, but if she had more information about the original owner the guns could be worth much more.
This is where History Detectives steps in. Hunting for the man behind these pistols takes History Detectives host Wes Cowan to a Civil War border state torn between loyalties to the blue and the gray.
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601
John P. Thompson Letters
- Related Investigation Copperhead Cane How did this cane inspire a fiery political movement that threatened Lincoln's presidency?
- Also with Wes Cowan King Kong Camera Was this old movie camera used to film the original version of King Kong?
- Related Investigation Mystery Crystal Cross Where did this mysterious religious relic discovered in an old Spanish mission originally come from?
- Also in Civil War: 1850-1877 Marshall House Flag Did this piece of fabric come from a flag that cost a Union colonel his life?
- Also with Wes Cowan Mussolini's Dagger Did a World War II GI return home with Mussolini's dagger?
- Also in Civil War: 1850-1877 Slave Songbook Are these tattered pages the earliest record of music created by slaves?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.