Civil War Deringers
Dulcie Bomberger brought her pair of Civil War era pistols to the Antiques Roadshow and appraiser Christopher Mitchell told her they were worth as much as $30,000, but if she had more information about the original owner the guns could be worth much more.
This is where History Detectives steps in. Hunting for the man behind these pistols takes History Detectives host Wes Cowan to a Civil War border state torn between loyalties to the blue and the gray.
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601
John P. Thompson Letters
- Related Investigation Front Street Blockhouse Did this unassuming house protect an American colony from attack almost 300 years ago?
- Also with Wes Cowan Survivor Camera Did this antique camera save a Polish Jew during the Holocaust?
- Also with Wes Cowan Chinese Poems Who were the authors of the poems describing bitterness and misery on the Angel Island detention center walls?
- Also in this episode Motown Amp Did this amp boom the bass line of the Motown sound?
- Also with Wes Cowan The Disappearance of Glenn Miller In 1944, bandleader Glenn Miller boarded a plane for Paris and was never seen again. What happened?
- Related Investigation Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa? Teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace in 1975. Was he murdered? If so, who killed him and why?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.