Civil War Deringers
Dulcie Bomberger brought her pair of Civil War era pistols to the Antiques Roadshow and appraiser Christopher Mitchell told her they were worth as much as $30,000, but if she had more information about the original owner the guns could be worth much more.
This is where History Detectives steps in. Hunting for the man behind these pistols takes History Detectives host Wes Cowan to a Civil War border state torn between loyalties to the blue and the gray.
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601
John P. Thompson Letters
- Related Investigation Black Tom Shell Is this shell from a devastating act of foreign sabotage on American soil?
- Also with Wes Cowan Red Cloud's Peace Pipe Was this pipe given to an Indian agent by the famous Lakota warrior Chief Red Cloud?
- Also in this episode Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also with Wes Cowan Mussolini's Dagger Did a World War II GI return home with Mussolini's dagger?
- Related Investigation Frank Zappa Collage Is the artist who created this piece Frank Zappa?
- Also with Wes Cowan George Washington Portrait Could this be an authentic portrait of the nation's first president?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.