Civil War Deringers
Dulcie Bomberger brought her pair of Civil War era pistols to the Antiques Roadshow and appraiser Christopher Mitchell told her they were worth as much as $30,000, but if she had more information about the original owner the guns could be worth much more.
This is where History Detectives steps in. Hunting for the man behind these pistols takes History Detectives host Wes Cowan to a Civil War border state torn between loyalties to the blue and the gray.
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601
John P. Thompson Letters
- Also in Season 10 Transistor Radio Is this the oldest transistor radio in existence?
- Also with Wes Cowan Jefferson Pledge Did the transformation of the nation's public education system begin with this $200 pledge?
- Related Investigation Clara Barton Letter What does this letter reveal about America's early efforts to honor its war dead?
- Related Investigation Civil War Soldier Photo Is this the photo of a Civil War soldier actually a woman in disguise?
- Also with Wes Cowan Vietnam War Diary Why did this story capture international interest?
- Also in Season 10 1775 Almanac What do these crumbling pages reveal about divided loyalties during the American Revolution?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.