Civil War Deringers
Dulcie Bomberger brought her pair of Civil War era pistols to the Antiques Roadshow and appraiser Christopher Mitchell told her they were worth as much as $30,000, but if she had more information about the original owner the guns could be worth much more.
This is where History Detectives steps in. Hunting for the man behind these pistols takes History Detectives host Wes Cowan to a Civil War border state torn between loyalties to the blue and the gray.
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601
John P. Thompson Letters
- Related Investigation Calhoun Books Are these the books of the famed intellectual architect of the Confederacy?
- Also in Season 10 Bettie Page Slide Is this a lost Bettie Page image by Irving Klaw?
- Also with Wes Cowan Valley Forge Map Did George Washington use this map during the American Revolution?
- Also with Wes Cowan Red Cloud's Peace Pipe Was this pipe given to an Indian agent by the famous Lakota warrior Chief Red Cloud?
- Related Investigation John Brown Pike How did this metal blade spark violent tension between the North and the South?
- Also in Civil War: 1850-1877 Face Jug What does this ceramic face reveal about the Middle Passage and a captive people’s search for identity?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.