Civil War Deringers
Dulcie Bomberger brought her pair of Civil War era pistols to the Antiques Roadshow and appraiser Christopher Mitchell told her they were worth as much as $30,000, but if she had more information about the original owner the guns could be worth much more.
This is where History Detectives steps in. Hunting for the man behind these pistols takes History Detectives host Wes Cowan to a Civil War border state torn between loyalties to the blue and the gray.
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601
John P. Thompson Letters
- Related Investigation Clara Barton Letter What does this letter reveal about America's early efforts to honor its war dead?
- Also with Wes Cowan Bob Dylan Guitar Is this the guitar Bob Dylan played at the Newport Folk Festival in 1965?
- Related Investigation Navajo Rug Why would a weaver depart from tradition to make this rug?
- Also with Wes Cowan Copperhead Cane How did this cane inspire a fiery political movement that threatened Lincoln's presidency?
- Also in Season 10 Nazi Spy Toys Did a Nazi spy buy these toy soldiers?
- Also with Wes Cowan Napolean's Sword Did Napoleon bestow this sword as a gift to a brave ancestor of a St. Martinville family?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.