Civil War Deringers
Dulcie Bomberger brought her pair of Civil War era pistols to the Antiques Roadshow and appraiser Christopher Mitchell told her they were worth as much as $30,000, but if she had more information about the original owner the guns could be worth much more.
This is where History Detectives steps in. Hunting for the man behind these pistols takes History Detectives host Wes Cowan to a Civil War border state torn between loyalties to the blue and the gray.
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601
John P. Thompson Letters
- Related Investigation Land Grant How did an African-American win freedom and land so early in American history?
- Also in Season 10 Hollywood Sign Is this a piece of the original Hollywood sign?
- Also in Season 10 Our Colored Heroes Is this a WWI recruitment poster... or something else?
- Also with Wes Cowan George Washington Miniature Did the artist paint this portrait from life, and what is its surprising connection to the abolitionist White Matlack?
- Also with Wes Cowan Camp David Letter Could a box found in a dumpster hold information about the founding of a top-secret Presidential retreat?
- Also with Wes Cowan Goering Gun Did this shotgun belong to Hitler's right hand man?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.