Civil War Deringers
Dulcie Bomberger brought her pair of Civil War era pistols to the Antiques Roadshow and appraiser Christopher Mitchell told her they were worth as much as $30,000, but if she had more information about the original owner the guns could be worth much more.
This is where History Detectives steps in. Hunting for the man behind these pistols takes History Detectives host Wes Cowan to a Civil War border state torn between loyalties to the blue and the gray.
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601
John P. Thompson Letters
- Related Investigation Army Muster Roll What can a Continental Army muster roll tell us about this remarkable African-American soldier?
- Related Investigation 3D Cuban Missile Crisis Did this portable projection screen help save the Free World?
- Also with Wes Cowan Flint Lock Rifle Was this the gun of one of the most infamous bandits operating to undermine the birth of our nation?
- Also with Wes Cowan World War II Leaflets How did this scrap of paper help change the course of World War II?
- Also in Civil War: 1850-1877 Civil War POW Photos Were these pictures made in a Civil War prison with a home-made camera?
- Also with Wes Cowan Superman Sketch Is this a WWII sketch from the early days of this comic icon?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.