Civil War Deringers
Dulcie Bomberger brought her pair of Civil War era pistols to the Antiques Roadshow and appraiser Christopher Mitchell told her they were worth as much as $30,000, but if she had more information about the original owner the guns could be worth much more.
This is where History Detectives steps in. Hunting for the man behind these pistols takes History Detectives host Wes Cowan to a Civil War border state torn between loyalties to the blue and the gray.
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort, KY 40601
John P. Thompson Letters
- Also with Wes Cowan Camp David Letter Could a box found in a dumpster hold information about the founding of a top-secret Presidential retreat?
- Also with Wes Cowan Bob Dylan Guitar Is this the guitar Bob Dylan played at the Newport Folk Festival in 1965?
- Also with Wes Cowan Texas Servant Girl Murders Years before Jack the Ripper, did a serial killer walk the streets of Austin, TX?
- Related Investigation GAR Photograph How did two African Americans come to be part of this photograph in Reconstructionist-era America?
- Also in Season 10 Transistor Radio Is this the oldest transistor radio in existence?
- Related Investigation WWII Patch What is the story behind these patches?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.