Grace Kelly Car
Support provided by:
A contributor from Los Angeles, California owns one of the most elegant cars ever produced, a Sunbeam Alpine convertible.
Alfred Hitchcock fans would know it as the star of the film To Catch A Thief—that is, starring along with Cary Grant and Grace Kelly. Our contributor wants to know if his roadster could possibly be the same one that was used in the film, as he was told when he purchased the car.
History Detectives heads for the bright lights of Hollywood to revisit the glamour of 1950s movie-making, and rub elbows with some of the key players inside Hitchcock’s circle.
And along the way, they learn a lot more about a beautiful car and its beautiful possible occupants.
Do you have a Sunbeam Alpine? Join our search for the vehicle driven by Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief.
- Also with Elyse Luray Black Star Line Is this certificate a rare artifact from the heyday of Marcus Garvey?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1970 Boxcar Home Why is a boxcar buried beneath this suburban kitchen?
- Related Investigation Birthplace Of Hip Hop Did this Bronx apartment building give birth to a culture that now spans the globe?
- Related Investigation Houdini Poster Could these be original theatre posters of the greatest magician on earth?
- Also in Season 4 Doc Holliday's Watch Was this watch a gift from the fearless frontier lawman Wyatt Earp to the gambler Doc Holliday?
- Also in Season 4 Lou Gehrig Autograph Did Lou Gehrig autograph this ticket on the day he announced his retirement?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
- Submit your StoryDo you have a Post War object? Submit your story now.
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (9 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (9 months ago)