Grace Kelly Car
A contributor from Los Angeles, California owns one of the most elegant cars ever produced, a Sunbeam Alpine convertible.
Alfred Hitchcock fans would know it as the star of the film To Catch A Thief—that is, starring along with Cary Grant and Grace Kelly. Our contributor wants to know if his roadster could possibly be the same one that was used in the film, as he was told when he purchased the car.
History Detectives heads for the bright lights of Hollywood to revisit the glamour of 1950s movie-making, and rub elbows with some of the key players inside Hitchcock’s circle.
And along the way, they learn a lot more about a beautiful car and its beautiful possible occupants.
Do you have a Sunbeam Alpine? Join our search for the vehicle driven by Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief.
- Also with Elyse Luray St Valentine's Day Massacre Was this weapon fired in one of the nation's most infamous crimes?
- Also with Elyse Luray Civil War Cannon How did the contents of this glass tube impact the first hours of the Civil War?
- Also with Elyse Luray Dutch Colonial Home What role did these menacing forts play in the settling of this part of the West?
- Also in Season 4 Rebel Whiskey Flask Is this flask a relic from the historic "Whiskey Rebellion" of 1794?
- Related Investigation Birthplace Of Hip Hop Did this Bronx apartment building give birth to a culture that now spans the globe?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1960 Josh White Guitar What role did this guitar play in the transformation of the music industry in the 1960's?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.