Jackie Robinson Scorecard
Support provided by:
Does a History Detectives fan hold a piece of baseball history? In a 1940’s Pittsburgh Pirates program, he found a scorecard for a game between two unusual teams: the Majors’ All Stars and Robinson’s All Stars.
Jackie Robinson’s team is made up of both black and white players, yet this game appears to have occurred before Robinson became the first black major league baseball player in 1947.
Could this game have been a test to find out how America would react to integrated baseball?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi 32' Ford Roadster Was this car among the popular hot rods that raced out at the dry lakes in the 1930s?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1970 Cesar Chavez Banner What role did this banner play in one of the most famous civil rights campaigns in U.S. history?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Seth Eastman Painting Is this painting a true depiction of Native American life from one of the premiere painters of the American West?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Ventriloquist Dummy How did an African-American ventriloquist act become so successful in a time of racial unrest?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1970 Motown Amp Did this amp boom the bass line of the Motown sound?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1970 U.S.S. Thresher Do these documents disclose information about U.S. secret weapons in the Cold War?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
- Submit your StoryDo you have a Post War object? Submit your story now.
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (9 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (9 months ago)