How did an authentic Japanese house become part of the famed San Francisco World's Fair in a time just preceding World War II?
The History Detectives attempt to reveal the origins of the house and explain how it came to be featured.
They will also discover how the house made its way to America in the first place, and how it survived during the internment and relocation of its Japanese-American owners.
- Also in Depression and WWII: 1929-1945 Exercise Records What role did these records play in the sculpting of america's fixation with fitness?
- Also with Gwen Wright Home of Lincoln Assassination Plot Did the plot to assassinate Abraham Lincoln begin in this New York City building?
- Also in Season 1 George Washington Portrait Could this be an authentic portrait of the nation's first president?
- Related Investigation Stalag 17 Portrait What happened to the artist of this portrait made in a German POW camp?
- Also in Depression and WWII: 1929-1945 Drone Propellor Could this propellor have powered a top secret weapon that transformed modern warfare?
- Also in Season 1 Ventriloquist Dummy How did an African-American ventriloquist act become so successful in a time of racial unrest?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.