Little Bighorn Bayonet
The family home of the famous military hero General Edward Godfrey holds a surprising secret.
Recent renovations revealed an old bayonet hidden in the attic rafters.
The mayor of the town, Sharon Atkinson, knows that Godfrey was a colleague of General George Custer's and fought alongside him at the battle of Little Big Horn.
History Detectives set out to uncover if the bayonet could have been used in that battle.
Could this town own a silent witness to one of the largest massacres of U.S. soldiers by American Indians in 19th century history?
- Related Investigation War Dog letter The military put great effort into a new War Dogs program during WWII. What went wrong on Cat Island?
- Related Investigation Leopold Medal What does this medal reveal about a top-secret American Military project during WWII?
- Also with Wes Cowan Bob Dylan Guitar Is this the guitar Bob Dylan played at the Newport Folk Festival in 1965?
- Also with Wes Cowan Doc Holliday's Watch Was this watch a gift from the fearless frontier lawman Wyatt Earp to the gambler Doc Holliday?
- Also with Wes Cowan Great Mexican War Posters Is this an advertisement for a film made by an eyewitness to the Mexican Revolution?
- Also in Season 2 Koranic School Book Why does this 200 year old schoolbook contain two translated passages from the Koran?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.