History Detectives examines century old photos that may have captured the dawn of American movie-making – nearly 3000 miles from Hollywood.
One of the books holds many Western scenes, including a cowboy character captioned, "Herbert Lubin." Other captions refer to the Siegmund Lubin Studios.
Who was Siegmund Lubin? And was Herbie Lubin a movie star?
History Detectives goes on an excursion through an early movie mogul’s dramatic rise and fall.
- Related Investigation Great Mexican War Posters Is this an advertisement for a film made by an eyewitness to the Mexican Revolution?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Preston Brook's Riding Crop Was this riding crop a gift from Jefferson Davis as a reward for attacking a political opponent?
- Related Investigation Manhattan Project Patent Was this drawing part of America's secret plans to fuel the atomic bomb?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Newport U-Boat Did these propellers come from a WWII German submarine?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Mail Order Brides Are these images evidence of mail order brides in 1890s Chicago?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi War Dog letter The military put great effort into a new War Dogs program during WWII. What went wrong on Cat Island?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.