History Detectives examines century old photos that may have captured the dawn of American movie-making – nearly 3000 miles from Hollywood.
One of the books holds many Western scenes, including a cowboy character captioned, "Herbert Lubin." Other captions refer to the Siegmund Lubin Studios.
Who was Siegmund Lubin? And was Herbie Lubin a movie star?
History Detectives goes on an excursion through an early movie mogul’s dramatic rise and fall.
- Related Investigation WB Cartoons What can this curious artwork tell us about some of our most beloved cartoon characters?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Jackie Robinson Scorecard What does this scorecard reveal about the desegregation of our national pastime?
- Related Investigation Duke Ellington Plates What is the story behind the printing plates for this famous Jazz song?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Coney Island Lions Could this be an artifact from the bygone days of early amusement parks?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Birthplace Of Hip Hop Did this Bronx apartment building give birth to a culture that now spans the globe?
- Also in Season 7 Galleon Shipwreck Is this a piece of treasure from a Spanish galleon washed up on an Oregon beach?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.