History Detectives examines century old photos that may have captured the dawn of American movie-making – nearly 3000 miles from Hollywood.
One of the books holds many Western scenes, including a cowboy character captioned, "Herbert Lubin." Other captions refer to the Siegmund Lubin Studios.
Who was Siegmund Lubin? And was Herbie Lubin a movie star?
History Detectives goes on an excursion through an early movie mogul’s dramatic rise and fall.
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Hot Town Poster What role did this striking poster play in the explosive events of 1960s America?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Land Grant How did an African-American win freedom and land so early in American history?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Lincoln Oath Was this note penned by Abraham Lincoln?
- Related Investigation Charlie Parker's Saxophone Could this be jazz legend Charlie "Bird" Parker's saxophone?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Siberian Bullet What can this bullet reveal about the hidden agenda of American forces in a fight against Soviet Communism?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.