History Detectives examines century old photos that may have captured the dawn of American movie-making – nearly 3000 miles from Hollywood.
One of the books holds many Western scenes, including a cowboy character captioned, "Herbert Lubin." Other captions refer to the Siegmund Lubin Studios.
Who was Siegmund Lubin? And was Herbie Lubin a movie star?
History Detectives goes on an excursion through an early movie mogul’s dramatic rise and fall.
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Diana How did this alleged lesbian autobiography escape censorship in the 1930’s?
- Related Investigation Howard Hughes Crash Was this the instrument that chartered Howard Hughes' near fatal plunge into Beverly Hills?
- Related Investigation N.E.A.R Device Was this device invented to help Americans believe they could survive a Soviet nuclear attack?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Mystery Crystal Cross Where did this mysterious religious relic discovered in an old Spanish mission originally come from?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Civil War Sabotage? The steamship Sultana exploded one night in 1865, killing more than 1,800 people. Was the disaster a result of Civil War sabotage?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Connecticut Farmhouse Why did this Connecticut farmhouse have so many owners in such a short space of time?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.