History Detectives examines century old photos that may have captured the dawn of American movie-making – nearly 3000 miles from Hollywood.
One of the books holds many Western scenes, including a cowboy character captioned, "Herbert Lubin." Other captions refer to the Siegmund Lubin Studios.
Who was Siegmund Lubin? And was Herbie Lubin a movie star?
History Detectives goes on an excursion through an early movie mogul’s dramatic rise and fall.
- Related Investigation Theremin How did this strange instrument help spark a rock n’ roll revolution?
- Related Investigation Jigsaw Puzzle Does this puzzle depict a real event - women playing contact sports in the late 19th century?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Internment Artwork What is the story behind these watercolor paintings of a prison camp?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Kahlil Gibran Painting Is this painting an unknown work by an immigrant poet whose words inspired an American generation?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Shippen Golf Club Was this the golf club used by John Shippen when he made sporting history in the 1896 U.S. Open?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Duke Ellington Plates What is the story behind the printing plates for this famous Jazz song?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.