History Detectives examines century old photos that may have captured the dawn of American movie-making – nearly 3000 miles from Hollywood.
One of the books holds many Western scenes, including a cowboy character captioned, "Herbert Lubin." Other captions refer to the Siegmund Lubin Studios.
Who was Siegmund Lubin? And was Herbie Lubin a movie star?
History Detectives goes on an excursion through an early movie mogul’s dramatic rise and fall.
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Vicksburg Map Could this mysterious map have been at the front lines of one of the most explosive battles of the Civil War?
- Related Investigation Duke Ellington Plates What is the story behind the printing plates for this famous Jazz song?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi War Dog letter The military put great effort into a new War Dogs program during WWII. What went wrong on Cat Island?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Short Snorter Was this British ten-shilling note witness to the forging of the alliance between America and Britain?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Kahlil Gibran Painting Is this painting an unknown work by an immigrant poet whose words inspired an American generation?
- Related Investigation Civil War Submarine Is this submarine an example of new technology developed by the Confederates during the Civil War?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.