History Detectives examines century old photos that may have captured the dawn of American movie-making – nearly 3000 miles from Hollywood.
One of the books holds many Western scenes, including a cowboy character captioned, "Herbert Lubin." Other captions refer to the Siegmund Lubin Studios.
Who was Siegmund Lubin? And was Herbie Lubin a movie star?
History Detectives goes on an excursion through an early movie mogul’s dramatic rise and fall.
- Related Investigation African American Comic Book Did the makers of this 1950s comic book have more than romance on their minds?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Carson Family Secrets Is this book a Carson family heirloom?
- Also in Season 7 WWII Diary Does this diary hold the key to understanding the fate of a missing bomber pilot from World War II?
- Related Investigation Warner's Lighter What is the connection between Harry Warner and a studio associated with the Nazi party?
- Also in Season 7 Scottsboro Boys Stamp Did a penny stamp help save the Scottsboro Boys from the electric chair?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Mouse Toy Could this tiny toy labeled 'Micky' be the original Mickey Mouse?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.