History Detectives examines century old photos that may have captured the dawn of American movie-making – nearly 3000 miles from Hollywood.
One of the books holds many Western scenes, including a cowboy character captioned, "Herbert Lubin." Other captions refer to the Siegmund Lubin Studios.
Who was Siegmund Lubin? And was Herbie Lubin a movie star?
History Detectives goes on an excursion through an early movie mogul’s dramatic rise and fall.
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Prison Plaque Were convicted felons responsible for bringing peace to Western Europe during World War I?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Tiffany Window What can this watercolor reveal about the unexpected world of one of America’s great artists?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Jackie Robinson Scorecard What does this scorecard reveal about the desegregation of our national pastime?
- Related Investigation Society Circus Program Why are some of New York's wealthiest planning a circus at the depth of the Great Depression?
- Related Investigation Continental Club Card What secrets can this business card reveal about glamour and vice in 1930s Los Angeles?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.