Luxury Liner Picture Frame
Robert Martorana and Cathy McIsaac always wondered about the odd-looking frame on their grandmother’s shelf. Growing up, both heard incredible stories about where it came from.
Robert believes the frame was made from a piece of the Titanic. Cathy heard it was made from a piece of the Lusitania. But both were told that their great-grandfather worked on a ship that recovered bodies after the Titanic sank in April of 1912 and the Lusitania was torpedoed in May of 1915. He grabbed a floating piece of wood and had it made into a frame.
With all the fake artifacts from both ships in the marketplace, Robert and Cathy ask History Detectives host Elyse Luray to find out whether this picture frame is the genuine article.
Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
1675 Lower Water Street
Halifax, B3J 1S3
Dartmouth Heritage Museum
26 Newcastle Street
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 3M5
Francis Dyke Letter
- Related Investigation Monroe Letter Does this letter link America's President to the high seas piracy of U.S. merchant ships in the early 1800s?
- Related Investigation Universal Friends What can this 200-year-old document reveal about the first American-born woman to lead a religious movement?
- Also with Elyse Luray Boarding House Flag Did this flag once save a boarding house from being burned down at the height of the Civil War?
- Also with Elyse Luray Civil War Bridge Has a new discovery rewritten Civil War history?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Siberian Bullet What can this bullet reveal about the hidden agenda of American forces in a fight against Soviet Communism?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Isleton Tong Was this building a safe haven for persecuted immigrants, or a hub for organized crime?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.