Support provided by:
Searching through his great-grandfather's belongings a San Antonio man finds Mexican currency and suspects that his family printing firm had a link to revolutionary leaders Zapata and Pancho Villa.
1910: Frustration due to President Porfirio Diaz's economic policies boils over and the Mexican Revolution begins. Legend has it that during the course of the revolution, millions of pesos were being printed in Texas in a covert operation run by a shady group of rebels. The money was smuggled by moonlight across the Rio Grande and into the hands of the revolutionaries.
Did our contributor's money play a part in the Mexican Revolution?
- Also with Elyse Luray Dutch Colonial Home What role did these menacing forts play in the settling of this part of the West?
- Also in Season 1 George Washington Portrait Could this be an authentic portrait of the nation's first president?
- Also in this episode Lafitte's Spyglass Did this spyglass really belong to a fearless cutthroat pirate?
- Also with Elyse Luray Pebble in the Sand Is this rock found on a beach a link to an ancient civilization or just another pebble in the sand?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Jim Thorpe Ticket Is this ticket evidence of a chapter of Thorpe's career forgotten by history: as a professional basketball player?
- Also with Elyse Luray Drone Propellor Could this propellor have powered a top secret weapon that transformed modern warfare?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
- Submit your StoryDo you have an object from an Emerging Modern America?
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (9 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (9 months ago)