Support provided by:
Our contributor, Steve Fishman, has played bass himself with the likes of Paul McCartney and Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Steve’s heart skipped a beat when he came across a battered Ampeg B-15 amp with the name “James Jamerson” stenciled on the side.
Steve calls Jamerson the Jimi Hendrix of bass players. He says Jamerson’s bass line drove the Motown sound. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted Jamerson in the year 2000. The museum might want to display the amp, but only if History Detectives host Eduardo Pagán can prove Jamerson owned it.
- Related Investigation Slave Songbook Are these tattered pages the earliest record of music created by slaves?
- Also with Eduardo Pagán Ince Ledger What does this accounts ledger for a movie company have to do with the changing world of the Lakota Sioux?
- Also with Eduardo Pagán Stalag 17 Portrait What happened to the artist of this portrait made in a German POW camp?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1970 N.E.A.R Device Was this device invented to help Americans believe they could survive a Soviet nuclear attack?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1970 Howard Hughes Crash Was this the instrument that chartered Howard Hughes' near fatal plunge into Beverly Hills?
- Related Investigation WPA Mural Studies Are these unusual paintings part of the biggest job creation program in America's history?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
Anyone wishing to submit an artifact for investigation should do so through Submit a Story.
- Submit your StoryDo you have a Post War object? Submit your story now.
- Latest CommentWhat is this glorifying the firearm (which is a semi-automatic by the way) of a criminal? (1 day ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (7 months ago)
- FacebookHow much do you think it will be worth in 50 years? (5 days ago)