In the late spring of 1945, in some of the bloodiest fighting of World War Two, Allied forces move north through Italy, liberating towns from Fascist control. Italy’s leader, Benito Mussolini, is in hiding.
A deadly cat and mouse game unfolds as members of the American spy service, the OSS, hunt for Mussolini, to try him as a war criminal. But Il Duce has terrorized Italians for twenty one years – and the US Military are in a race with Italian Partisans who want vengeance.
Jerry Steichen, of Reno, Nevada, has a weapon which he believes may be connected to the last days of the world’s first fascist state. Jerry wants to know if a dagger his uncle brought back from the war belonged to Mussolini himself.
- Also in Season 8 Chicago Clock What role did this clock play in keeping 19th century America running on time?
- Related Investigation N.E.A.R Device Was this device invented to help Americans believe they could survive a Soviet nuclear attack?
- Also with Wes Cowan Copperhead Cane How did this cane inspire a fiery political movement that threatened Lincoln's presidency?
- Also in Season 7 Civil War Bridge Has a new discovery rewritten Civil War history?
- Also in Season 7 Birthplace Of Hip Hop Did this Bronx apartment building give birth to a culture that now spans the globe?
- Related Investigation Universal Friends What can this 200-year-old document reveal about the first American-born woman to lead a religious movement?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.