In the late spring of 1945, in some of the bloodiest fighting of World War Two, Allied forces move north through Italy, liberating towns from Fascist control. Italy’s leader, Benito Mussolini, is in hiding.
A deadly cat and mouse game unfolds as members of the American spy service, the OSS, hunt for Mussolini, to try him as a war criminal. But Il Duce has terrorized Italians for twenty one years – and the US Military are in a race with Italian Partisans who want vengeance.
Jerry Steichen, of Reno, Nevada, has a weapon which he believes may be connected to the last days of the world’s first fascist state. Jerry wants to know if a dagger his uncle brought back from the war belonged to Mussolini himself.
- Related Investigation Texas POW Camp Was this small town in Texas the home of a WWII POW camp?
- Related Investigation 32' Ford Roadster Was this car among the popular hot rods that raced out at the dry lakes in the 1930s?
- Also with Wes Cowan Lafitte's Spyglass Did this spyglass really belong to a fearless cutthroat pirate?
- Also in Season 7 Pancho Villa Watch Fob Did the owner of this watch fob witness the horrifying raid on Pancho Villa?
- Also in Depression and WWII: 1929-1945 Drone Propellor Could this propellor have powered a top secret weapon that transformed modern warfare?
- Also in Depression and WWII: 1929-1945 Sideshow Babies Was the owner of this cup once a four-pound sideshow exhibit?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.