In the late spring of 1945, in some of the bloodiest fighting of World War Two, Allied forces move north through Italy, liberating towns from Fascist control. Italy’s leader, Benito Mussolini, is in hiding.
A deadly cat and mouse game unfolds as members of the American spy service, the OSS, hunt for Mussolini, to try him as a war criminal. But Il Duce has terrorized Italians for twenty one years – and the US Military are in a race with Italian Partisans who want vengeance.
Jerry Steichen, of Reno, Nevada, has a weapon which he believes may be connected to the last days of the world’s first fascist state. Jerry wants to know if a dagger his uncle brought back from the war belonged to Mussolini himself.
- Related Investigation Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa? Teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace in 1975. Was he murdered? If so, who killed him and why?
- Related Investigation Connecticut Farmhouse Why did this Connecticut farmhouse have so many owners in such a short space of time?
- Also with Wes Cowan Long Expedition Is this the site of the one of the most significant expeditions in the United States?
- Also in Season 7 John Adams Book Was this book a gift from John Adams to his son?
- Also in Depression and WWII: 1929-1945 Blueprint Special Did this record play a dramatic role in the Allied victory during the Second World War?
- Also in Depression and WWII: 1929-1945 WWII Patch What is the story behind these patches?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.