In the late spring of 1945, in some of the bloodiest fighting of World War Two, Allied forces move north through Italy, liberating towns from Fascist control. Italy’s leader, Benito Mussolini, is in hiding.
A deadly cat and mouse game unfolds as members of the American spy service, the OSS, hunt for Mussolini, to try him as a war criminal. But Il Duce has terrorized Italians for twenty one years – and the US Military are in a race with Italian Partisans who want vengeance.
Jerry Steichen, of Reno, Nevada, has a weapon which he believes may be connected to the last days of the world’s first fascist state. Jerry wants to know if a dagger his uncle brought back from the war belonged to Mussolini himself.
- Related Investigation Witch's House Could this house have once belonged to a woman executed during the Salem Witch trials?
- Also with Wes Cowan Valley Forge Map Did George Washington use this map during the American Revolution?
- Related Investigation Drug Smuggling Doll What does this doll reveal about disease, death and daring during the Civil War?
- Also in Depression and WWII: 1929-1945 Poison Pin Are these prototypes for poison suicide pins carried by spy plane pilots during the Cold War?
- Also in Season 8 Lost City of Gold What can these carved letters reveal about the first explorers to visit the American Southwest?
- Also in Depression and WWII: 1929-1945 The Ni'ihau Incident What do these metal parts reveal about the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.