Pebble in the Sand
Just a pebble in the sand–with sculpted human features.
Is it possible that a rock found along the beaches of the Jersey Shore could be an artifact left behind by Native Americans?
The History Detectives head to the home of Mrs. Betsy Colie, the woman who stumbled upon the treasure, in an attempt to unlock the secrets held inside this stone with an etched face.
Is it really a link to an ancient civilization or just another pebble in the sand? To unlock this riddle, the team must travel through time, across borders and between cultures.
- Related Investigation Long Expedition Is this the site of the one of the most significant expeditions in the United States?
- Related Investigation Shipwreck Cannons Are these the last remains of a navy schooner that fought in a border dispute with the mighty British Empire?
- Also with Elyse Luray Civil War Cannon How did the contents of this glass tube impact the first hours of the Civil War?
- Also in Season 1 Napolean's Sword Did Napoleon bestow this sword as a gift to a brave ancestor of a St. Martinville family?
- Also with Elyse Luray General Lee's Farewell Address Could this be a signed copy of one of the most famous documents in the history of the Civil War?
- Also with Elyse Luray Mexican Currency What role did this money play in the Mexican Revolution?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.