Pebble in the Sand
Just a pebble in the sand–with sculpted human features.
Is it possible that a rock found along the beaches of the Jersey Shore could be an artifact left behind by Native Americans?
The History Detectives head to the home of Mrs. Betsy Colie, the woman who stumbled upon the treasure, in an attempt to unlock the secrets held inside this stone with an etched face.
Is it really a link to an ancient civilization or just another pebble in the sand? To unlock this riddle, the team must travel through time, across borders and between cultures.
- Also with Elyse Luray Confederate Eyeglass Is this how southern sympathizers identified each other during the Civil War?
- Also with Elyse Luray Dueling Pistols Were these pistols used in the last great duel on U.S. soil?
- Also with Elyse Luray Kittery Telescope What can this telescope reveal about America’s earliest struggles for independence?
- Also in Season 1 Prison Plaque Were convicted felons responsible for bringing peace to Western Europe during World War I?
- Also in Season 1 Sears Home Might an Ohio couple's residence be a long-forgotten Sears home?
- Related Investigation Geronimo Photograph Is this photo really an image of the legendary Apache warrior Geronimo?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.