Pebble in the Sand
Just a pebble in the sand–with sculpted human features.
Is it possible that a rock found along the beaches of the Jersey Shore could be an artifact left behind by Native Americans?
The History Detectives head to the home of Mrs. Betsy Colie, the woman who stumbled upon the treasure, in an attempt to unlock the secrets held inside this stone with an etched face.
Is it really a link to an ancient civilization or just another pebble in the sand? To unlock this riddle, the team must travel through time, across borders and between cultures.
- Also in Season 1 Whaling Ship Might a ship docked in Mystic Seaport, hold secrets to the Underground Railroad?
- Also in Season 1 George Washington Portrait Could this be an authentic portrait of the nation's first president?
- Also with Elyse Luray Highlander Badge Could an amateur treasure diver really have found a possible Revolutionary War artifact?
- Also with Elyse Luray Jigsaw Puzzle Does this puzzle depict a real event - women playing contact sports in the late 19th century?
- Also with Elyse Luray Amelia Earhart Plane Was this piece of metal ripped from one of the most famous missing planes in history?
- Also in Season 1 Ventriloquist Dummy How did an African-American ventriloquist act become so successful in a time of racial unrest?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.