Pebble in the Sand
Just a pebble in the sand–with sculpted human features.
Is it possible that a rock found along the beaches of the Jersey Shore could be an artifact left behind by Native Americans?
The History Detectives head to the home of Mrs. Betsy Colie, the woman who stumbled upon the treasure, in an attempt to unlock the secrets held inside this stone with an etched face.
Is it really a link to an ancient civilization or just another pebble in the sand? To unlock this riddle, the team must travel through time, across borders and between cultures.
- Related Investigation Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
- Related Investigation Lost Gold Ship Is this wreck in Alaska the remains of a steamship carrying miners to the great Klondike Gold Rush of 1897?
- Also in Beginnings: up to 1620 Atocha Spanish Silver What are these markings on a silver bar discovered in the wreck of a Spanish ship?
- Also with Elyse Luray Civil War Submarine Is this submarine an example of new technology developed by the Confederates during the Civil War?
- Also with Elyse Luray General Lee's Farewell Address Could this be a signed copy of one of the most famous documents in the history of the Civil War?
- Also in Beginnings: up to 1620 Calf Creek Arrow Is this arrow found in a bison skull just another hoax or an incredible archeological discovery?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.