Pebble in the Sand
Just a pebble in the sand–with sculpted human features.
Is it possible that a rock found along the beaches of the Jersey Shore could be an artifact left behind by Native Americans?
The History Detectives head to the home of Mrs. Betsy Colie, the woman who stumbled upon the treasure, in an attempt to unlock the secrets held inside this stone with an etched face.
Is it really a link to an ancient civilization or just another pebble in the sand? To unlock this riddle, the team must travel through time, across borders and between cultures.
- Also with Elyse Luray Early Monopoly Could this be the earliest version of the world's best-selling board game?
- Related Investigation Modoc Basket What tales does this basket weave of the heroism of an American-Indian woman?
- Also with Elyse Luray Movie Palace Is this small Wisconsin town theater the country's first great movie palace?
- Also with Elyse Luray Coca Cola Trade Card Could this card be a unique piece of early Coca-Cola advertising?
- Related Investigation Mystery Crystal Cross Where did this mysterious religious relic discovered in an old Spanish mission originally come from?
- Also in Season 1 Boarding House Flag Did this flag once save a boarding house from being burned down at the height of the Civil War?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.