Pebble in the Sand
Just a pebble in the sand–with sculpted human features.
Is it possible that a rock found along the beaches of the Jersey Shore could be an artifact left behind by Native Americans?
The History Detectives head to the home of Mrs. Betsy Colie, the woman who stumbled upon the treasure, in an attempt to unlock the secrets held inside this stone with an etched face.
Is it really a link to an ancient civilization or just another pebble in the sand? To unlock this riddle, the team must travel through time, across borders and between cultures.
- Also in Beginnings: up to 1620 Body In The Basement Are these the remains of an executed prisoner of war from an English Civil War battle?
- Also with Elyse Luray Annie Oakley Coin Was this coin a target for one of the Wild West's most popular female sharpshooters?
- Also with Elyse Luray Szyk Picture Could these be early drawings of America's most influential political cartoonist?
- Also in Season 1 Napolean's Sword Did Napoleon bestow this sword as a gift to a brave ancestor of a St. Martinville family?
- Also with Elyse Luray Kittery Telescope What can this telescope reveal about America’s earliest struggles for independence?
- Also in Season 1 Lafitte's Spyglass Did this spyglass really belong to a fearless cutthroat pirate?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.