Pebble in the Sand
Just a pebble in the sand–with sculpted human features.
Is it possible that a rock found along the beaches of the Jersey Shore could be an artifact left behind by Native Americans?
The History Detectives head to the home of Mrs. Betsy Colie, the woman who stumbled upon the treasure, in an attempt to unlock the secrets held inside this stone with an etched face.
Is it really a link to an ancient civilization or just another pebble in the sand? To unlock this riddle, the team must travel through time, across borders and between cultures.
- Also with Elyse Luray Flint Lock Rifle Was this the gun of one of the most infamous bandits operating to undermine the birth of our nation?
- Also with Elyse Luray Drone Propellor Could this propellor have powered a top secret weapon that transformed modern warfare?
- Also in Season 1 Napolean's Sword Did Napoleon bestow this sword as a gift to a brave ancestor of a St. Martinville family?
- Also with Elyse Luray Early Monopoly Could this be the earliest version of the world's best-selling board game?
- Also in Season 1 Witch's House Could this house have once belonged to a woman executed during the Salem Witch trials?
- Related Investigation Navajo Rug Why would a weaver depart from tradition to make this rug?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.