According to family history, ten year-old Joseph was wriggling his toes in the mud when he felt something solid. He reached down and pulled out a powder horn engraved with the words: For Captain Richard Cobb - 1762.
After all these years, Joseph’s son Robert wonders, who is Captain Richard Cobb and what is the story behind this horn. He takes his question to History Detectives host Gwen Wright.
30 Fort Ti Road
Ticonderoga, NY 12883
New England Historic Genealogical Society
99-101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116
- Also with Gwen Wright Chinese Poems Who were the authors of the poems describing bitterness and misery on the Angel Island detention center walls?
- Also in Season 10 Carson Family Secrets Is this book a Carson family heirloom?
- Also with Gwen Wright First Movie Studio Could a broken gateway once have been the grand entrance to a Hollywood studio?
- Also with Gwen Wright Scottsboro Boys Stamp Did a penny stamp help save the Scottsboro Boys from the electric chair?
- Also in Season 10 Frank Zappa Collage Is the artist who created this piece Frank Zappa?
- Related Investigation Drone Propellor Could this propellor have powered a top secret weapon that transformed modern warfare?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.