Support provided by:
According to family history, ten year-old Joseph was wriggling his toes in the mud when he felt something solid. He reached down and pulled out a powder horn engraved with the words: For Captain Richard Cobb - 1762.
After all these years, Joseph’s son Robert wonders, who is Captain Richard Cobb and what is the story behind this horn. He takes his question to History Detectives host Gwen Wright.
30 Fort Ti Road
Ticonderoga, NY 12883
New England Historic Genealogical Society
99-101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116
- Also in Season 10 Bootlegger's Notebook Does this book belong to a Prohibition era bootlegger?
- Related Investigation Kittery Telescope What can this telescope reveal about America’s earliest struggles for independence?
- Related Investigation 3D Cuban Missile Crisis Did this portable projection screen help save the Free World?
- Also in Season 10 Beatles Autographs Are these genuine Beatles signatures?
- Also in Colonization: 1585-1763 Land Grant How did an African-American win freedom and land so early in American history?
- Also in Season 10 Hollywood Sign Is this a piece of the original Hollywood sign?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
Anyone wishing to submit an artifact for investigation should do so through Submit a Story.
- Submit your StoryDo you have a Colonization: 1585-1763 object? Submit your story now.
- Latest Commentthat's unique, if anyone has anything similar to this, then you should do what i do, share your artwork on Art Radio it is one the best up and coming social media platforms for musicians and artists. (3 days ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (7 months ago)
- FacebookHow much do you think it will be worth in 50 years? (3 days ago)