According to family history, ten year-old Joseph was wriggling his toes in the mud when he felt something solid. He reached down and pulled out a powder horn engraved with the words: For Captain Richard Cobb - 1762.
After all these years, Joseph’s son Robert wonders, who is Captain Richard Cobb and what is the story behind this horn. He takes his question to History Detectives host Gwen Wright.
30 Fort Ti Road
Ticonderoga, NY 12883
New England Historic Genealogical Society
99-101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116
- Also with Gwen Wright Society Circus Program Why are some of New York's wealthiest planning a circus at the depth of the Great Depression?
- Also with Gwen Wright China Marine Jacket Can the symbols on this jacket identify a marine who may have witnessed paradise tumbling into disaster?
- Related Investigation 3D Cuban Missile Crisis Did this portable projection screen help save the Free World?
- Also with Gwen Wright Home of Lincoln Assassination Plot Did the plot to assassinate Abraham Lincoln begin in this New York City building?
- Related Investigation Civil War Deringers Are these pistols union or rebel?
- Also in Season 10 Yakima Canutt's Saddle What leading role did this saddle play in the birth of the Hollywood cowboy?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.