Support provided by:
150 years ago, much of Texas was just desolate prairie country.
Then one day out of this barren landscape, Dallas was born. Big business, big ambition, big city.
But did it all begin here in a little wooden building?
A local historian calls in the History Detectives to find out if a disused depot was the first railroad station in Texas and if it was responsible for putting Dallas on the map.
- Related Investigation John Adams Book Was this book a gift from John Adams to his son?
- Also in Season 1 Prison Plaque Were convicted felons responsible for bringing peace to Western Europe during World War I?
- Also with Gwen Wright Shipwreck Cannons Are these the last remains of a navy schooner that fought in a border dispute with the mighty British Empire?
- Related Investigation Drug Smuggling Doll What does this doll reveal about disease, death and daring during the Civil War?
- Also with Gwen Wright African American Comic Book Did the makers of this 1950s comic book have more than romance on their minds?
- Also with Gwen Wright Houdini Poster Could these be original theatre posters of the greatest magician on earth?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
Anyone wishing to submit an artifact for investigation should do so through Submit a Story.
- Submit your StoryDo you have an Industrialization: 1870-1900 object? Submit your story now.
- Latest Commentthat's unique, if anyone has anything similar to this, then you should do what i do, share your artwork on Art Radio it is one the best up and coming social media platforms for musicians and artists. (2 days ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (7 months ago)
- FacebookHow much do you think it will be worth in 50 years? (2 days ago)