Red Cloud's Peace Pipe
Was this pipe given to a Californian woman's ancestor by the famous warrior Chief Red Cloud?
The ancestor was the Indian agent who moved the Oglala Lakota to a Reservation in South Dakota.
Would Chief Red Cloud have given such a gift to a U.S. government official?
The History Detectives go back to the turbulent days of the 1870s and a battle of wills and political scandal that reached the highest levels of government.
- Related Investigation Lucy Parson's Book Was the legendary anarchist the owner of this manifesto found in a library?
- Also with Wes Cowan John Brown Pike How did this metal blade spark violent tension between the North and the South?
- Also with Wes Cowan Lincoln Forgery Could this piece of sheet music have come from Abraham Lincoln's private collection?
- Also with Wes Cowan Valley Forge Map Did George Washington use this map during the American Revolution?
- Also in Season 2 Witch's House Could this house have once belonged to a woman executed during the Salem Witch trials?
- Related Investigation Liberty Bell Pin Was one of America’s most iconic symbols melted down into a mere memento?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.