Red Cloud's Peace Pipe
Was this pipe given to a Californian woman's ancestor by the famous warrior Chief Red Cloud?
The ancestor was the Indian agent who moved the Oglala Lakota to a Reservation in South Dakota.
Would Chief Red Cloud have given such a gift to a U.S. government official?
The History Detectives go back to the turbulent days of the 1870s and a battle of wills and political scandal that reached the highest levels of government.
- Also with Wes Cowan Anti-Slavery Flag Did this old sheet found in a family trunk contribute to the end of slavery in America?
- Also in Season 2 First Movie Studio Could a broken gateway once have been the grand entrance to a Hollywood studio?
- Also in Industrialization: 1870-1900 Liberia Letter Does this letter help to trace one freed man’s dream to return to Africa?
- Also in Season 2 Witch's House Could this house have once belonged to a woman executed during the Salem Witch trials?
- Related Investigation Rebel Whiskey Flask Is this flask a relic from the historic "Whiskey Rebellion" of 1794?
- Also with Wes Cowan Mouse Toy Could this tiny toy labeled 'Micky' be the original Mickey Mouse?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.