Ronald McDonald Costume
Support provided by:
Have we found the original costume that launched Ronald McDonald?
The label credits a well-known costume designer, and the costume looks similar to the suit we see in an early Ronald McDonald commercial: the yellow balloon coverall, red and white striped shirt and long stockings, and red oversized shoes.
But there are also some curious differences.
History Detectives consults with a food and social historian, meets McDonald’s first Chief Marketing Officer, and finally speaks with the widow of one of the first Ronald McDonald clowns.
- Also with Elyse Luray Chinese Opium Scale Could this really be an opium scale from the Chinese community of Montana?
- Also with Elyse Luray Amelia Earhart Plane Was this piece of metal ripped from one of the most famous missing planes in history?
- Also with Elyse Luray WWII Landing Craft Did this vessel land tanks on the beaches of France during World War II?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1970 Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
- Also in Season 9 Marion Carpenter Camera What might this battered camera reveal about a photographer who changed the image of a U.S president?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1970 Camp David Letter Could a box found in a dumpster hold information about the founding of a top-secret Presidential retreat?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
- Submit your StoryDo you have a Post War object? Submit your story now.
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (9 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (9 months ago)