Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also with Gwen Wright Body In The Basement Are these the remains of an executed prisoner of war from an English Civil War battle?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Our Colored Heroes Is this a WWI recruitment poster... or something else?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Crazy Horse Photo Is this the only photograph of a Native American legend?
- Also in Season 2 Pretty Boy Floyd's Gun Did this vintage Colt handgun belong to the outlaw Charles "Pretty Boy" Floyd?
- Related Investigation Birthplace Of Hip Hop Did this Bronx apartment building give birth to a culture that now spans the globe?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Women's Suffrage Painting What role did this watercolor painting play in securing women the right to vote?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.