Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also with Gwen Wright Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
- Also with Gwen Wright Society Circus Program Why are some of New York's wealthiest planning a circus at the depth of the Great Depression?
- Also with Gwen Wright Lafayette China Did the Marquis de Lafayette give this china set to the popular wife of the Patriot Mayor?
- Related Investigation Manhattan Project Patent Was this drawing part of America's secret plans to fuel the atomic bomb?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Our Colored Heroes Is this a WWI recruitment poster... or something else?
- Also in Season 2 Pretty Boy Floyd's Gun Did this vintage Colt handgun belong to the outlaw Charles "Pretty Boy" Floyd?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.