Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Great Mexican War Posters Is this an advertisement for a film made by an eyewitness to the Mexican Revolution?
- Also in Season 3 Civil War Soldier Photo Is this the photo of a Civil War soldier actually a woman in disguise?
- Also with Gwen Wright Shipwreck Cannons Are these the last remains of a navy schooner that fought in a border dispute with the mighty British Empire?
- Also in Season 3 Szyk Picture Could these be early drawings of America's most influential political cartoonist?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Bill Picket Saddle Did this saddle ride into cowboy history with one of rodeo's most daring innovators?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Star Spangled Banner Is this the first official copy of the national anthem?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.