Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also in Season 3 Doc Holliday's Watch Was this watch a gift from the fearless frontier lawman Wyatt Earp to the gambler Doc Holliday?
- Also with Gwen Wright Quaker Map Did this faded map once guide slaves to freedom on the underground railroad?
- Also with Gwen Wright U.S.S. Thresher Do these documents disclose information about U.S. secret weapons in the Cold War?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Mexican Currency What role did this money play in the Mexican Revolution?
- Related Investigation Movie Palace Is this small Wisconsin town theater the country's first great movie palace?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Nesbit Portrait Is this portrait a lost masterpiece by one of America's greatest artists?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.