Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also with Gwen Wright Frank Zappa Collage Is the artist who created this piece Frank Zappa?
- Also in Season 2 Little Bighorn Bayonet Could this bayonet have been used at one of the largest massacres of U.S. soldiers by American Indians?
- Also with Gwen Wright Texas POW Camp Was this small town in Texas the home of a WWII POW camp?
- Also with Gwen Wright Old Fire Station Did President Ulysses S. Grant stop by a New Jersey firehouse on the centennial of America?
- Related Investigation PsychoPhone Did Thomas Edison make a machine to unlock the secrets of the dead?
- Related Investigation Connecticut Farmhouse Why did this Connecticut farmhouse have so many owners in such a short space of time?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.