Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Lawrence Billy Club Was this truncheon used in the famous Bread and Roses labor strike?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Yakima Canutt's Saddle What leading role did this saddle play in the birth of the Hollywood cowboy?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Crazy Horse Photo Is this the only photograph of a Native American legend?
- Also with Gwen Wright Alcoholics Anonymous Letter Is this letter proof of one man's contribution to this secretive society?
- Also with Gwen Wright Rebel Whiskey Flask Is this flask a relic from the historic "Whiskey Rebellion" of 1794?
- Related Investigation Connecticut Farmhouse Why did this Connecticut farmhouse have so many owners in such a short space of time?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.