Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also with Gwen Wright Alcoholics Anonymous Letter Is this letter proof of one man's contribution to this secretive society?
- Also with Gwen Wright Quaker Map Did this faded map once guide slaves to freedom on the underground railroad?
- Related Investigation Car Tape Deck Is this an example of the first ever commercially produced car tape player?
- Also in Season 2 Bonnie & Clyde's Bullets Are these the bullets that ended one of the most infamous crime-sprees in American history?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 St Valentine's Day Massacre Was this weapon fired in one of the nation's most infamous crimes?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Jim Thorpe Ticket Is this ticket evidence of a chapter of Thorpe's career forgotten by history: as a professional basketball player?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.