Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Nesbit Portrait Is this portrait a lost masterpiece by one of America's greatest artists?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also in Season 2 Revolutionary War Cannon Is this the cannon that ignited the first battle of the Revolutionary War?
- Also in Season 2 WWII Landing Craft Did this vessel land tanks on the beaches of France during World War II?
- Also with Gwen Wright N.E.A.R Device Was this device invented to help Americans believe they could survive a Soviet nuclear attack?
- Related Investigation Harlem Heirs How is this ornate document connected to the earliest settlers of New York City and a potential multi-million dollar land dispute?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.