Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also in Season 2 Anti-Slavery Flag Did this old sheet found in a family trunk contribute to the end of slavery in America?
- Also with Gwen Wright Revolutionary War Poem How did this poem, written by an American prisoner in England in 1780 end up in Oregon 200 years later?
- Also with Gwen Wright Cesar Chavez Banner What role did this banner play in one of the most famous civil rights campaigns in U.S. history?
- Also with Gwen Wright Drug Smuggling Doll What does this doll reveal about disease, death and daring during the Civil War?
- Related Investigation Railroad Station Is a disused depot the first railroad station in Texas?
- Also in Season 3 Texas POW Camp Was this small town in Texas the home of a WWII POW camp?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.