Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also in Season 2 Internment Artwork What is the story behind these watercolor paintings of a prison camp?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Silent Film Reel Could this film reel could be a silent movie once lost forever to history?
- Also in Season 2 Warner's Lighter What is the connection between Harry Warner and a studio associated with the Nazi party?
- Also in Season 2 Lost Gold Ship Is this wreck in Alaska the remains of a steamship carrying miners to the great Klondike Gold Rush of 1897?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Dempsey Fight Bell Is this the bell that sat ringside at the world's first boxing superstar's legendary match?
- Related Investigation Land Grant How did an African-American win freedom and land so early in American history?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.