Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also in Season 3 Civil War Soldier Photo Is this the photo of a Civil War soldier actually a woman in disguise?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Birth Control Box Could this unusual wooden box be an early contraceptive device?
- Also in Season 2 George Washington Portrait Could this be an authentic portrait of the nation's first president?
- Also in Season 2 Internment Artwork What is the story behind these watercolor paintings of a prison camp?
- Related Investigation Car Tape Deck Is this an example of the first ever commercially produced car tape player?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Women's Suffrage Painting What role did this watercolor painting play in securing women the right to vote?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.