Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Hollywood Sign Is this a piece of the original Hollywood sign?
- Related Investigation Leisurama Homes What happened to the Leisurama homes apparently widely sold in Florida?
- Also in Season 2 John Hunt Morgan Saddle Could this be a saddle from one of the most audacious attacks launched by the South during the Civil War?
- Related Investigation Lauste Film Clip How is this odd strip of film connected to the invention of talking movies?
- Also in Season 3 Long Expedition Is this the site of the one of the most significant expeditions in the United States?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Dempsey Fight Bell Is this the bell that sat ringside at the world's first boxing superstar's legendary match?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.