Support provided by:
He knows Anne Weston once designed windows for the famous American glass manufacturer Louis Comfort Tiffany. According to her daughter, Anne used to call this watercolor her favorite ‘window’ because she could see it every day.
Did this artwork ever become a Tiffany window?
History Detectives investigates.
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Bonus Army Stamp Is this stamp connected to a moment when the U.S. Army fought fellow soldiers in the nation’s capital?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Star Spangled Banner Is this the first official copy of the national anthem?
- Also with Gwen Wright African American Comic Book Did the makers of this 1950s comic book have more than romance on their minds?
- Related Investigation Galleon Shipwreck Is this a piece of treasure from a Spanish galleon washed up on an Oregon beach?
- Related Investigation Special Agent Five How did this tale of robbery and murder help FBI director J. Edgar Hoover consolidate his power?
- Also in Season 9 Andrew Jackson's Mouth How was this wood fragment connected to one of the most celebrated political protests of the 19th century?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
- Submit your StoryDo you have an object from an Emerging Modern America?
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (9 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (9 months ago)