Support provided by:
He knows Anne Weston once designed windows for the famous American glass manufacturer Louis Comfort Tiffany. According to her daughter, Anne used to call this watercolor her favorite ‘window’ because she could see it every day.
Did this artwork ever become a Tiffany window?
History Detectives investigates.
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Cast Iron Eagle Did this 12-foot-high eagle once grace the old Grand Central Station in Manhattan?
- Related Investigation Japanese Balloon Bomb Is this scrap of fabric evidence of a secret wartime attack on the United States' mainland?
- Also in Season 9 Continental Club Card What secrets can this business card reveal about glamour and vice in 1930s Los Angeles?
- Also with Gwen Wright Revolutionary War Poem How did this poem, written by an American prisoner in England in 1780 end up in Oregon 200 years later?
- Related Investigation Airstream Caravan Was this mobile home part of a modern-day wagon train halfway across the world?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Spybook What does this little black book reveal about spying on the home front during World War I?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
Anyone wishing to submit an artifact for investigation should do so through Submit a Story.
- Submit your StoryDo you have an object from an Emerging Modern America?
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (6 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (6 months ago)