Unwed Mother's Home
The only reminder one woman has of her birth parents is a medallion of the Virgin Mary that was attached to her diaper when she was presented from a home for unwed mothers to her adoptive parents.
Homes for unwed mothers were a national trend from the beginning of the 20th century until the 1970s, when they fell from use.
Follow this emotional story as the History Detectives head to Missouri to help our contributor finally find her birth parents and the home where she was adopted.
- Also with Gwen Wright Witch's House Could this house have once belonged to a woman executed during the Salem Witch trials?
- Also in Post War: 1945-1960 N.E.A.R Device Was this device invented to help Americans believe they could survive a Soviet nuclear attack?
- Also with Gwen Wright Shippen Golf Club Was this the golf club used by John Shippen when he made sporting history in the 1896 U.S. Open?
- Also with Gwen Wright WWI Chemical Warfare Map Could this map be an authentic relic from a critical WWI battle?
- Also in Season 3 Mouse Toy Could this tiny toy labeled 'Micky' be the original Mickey Mouse?
- Also in Season 3 Jim Thorpe Ticket Is this ticket evidence of a chapter of Thorpe's career forgotten by history: as a professional basketball player?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.