Valley Forge Map
Support provided by:
The Newport Historical Society have found a faded, hand drawn map with torn edges among the papers of John Austin Stevens. Papers that have sat undisturbed since the 1940s. Stevens founded the Sons of the Revolution in 1876 to preserve the history of the Revolutionary War. John Austin Stevens' grandfather was Ebenezer Stevens who served in the Revolutionary War.
Did General Washington hold this map in his hands during the critical winter at Valley Forge that many historians consider the turning point in the American Revolution? History Detectives host Wes Cowan is on the case.
Valley Forge National Historic Park
1400 North Outer Line Drive
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Revolutionary War Map
- Also in Season 10 Rogue Book Who did this book of rogue characters belong to?
- Also with Wes Cowan Lincoln Forgery Could this piece of sheet music have come from Abraham Lincoln's private collection?
- Also with Wes Cowan U.S.S Indianapolis Are these WWII souvenirs remnants from one of Japan’s famous kamikaze attacks?
- Also with Wes Cowan Yakima Canutt's Saddle What leading role did this saddle play in the birth of the Hollywood cowboy?
- Related Investigation WWI Chemical Warfare Map Could this map be an authentic relic from a critical WWI battle?
- Also in Season 10 Bill Of Sale Who was this girl sold into slavery?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.
- Submit your StoryDo you have a Revolution: 1754-1820 object? Submit your story now.
- Latest CommentIt turns out that this collage was sold last fall: http://www.worthpoint.com/wort... I wonder if it would be possible to contact the buyer by way of the auction house about getting a print made. (9 months ago)
- Twitterremember this investigation with @TukufuZuberi @elyseluray Tonight they reunite! Let us know your thoughts! @PBS http://t.co/4KMnc27K (1 year ago)
- FacebookCongrats on your exhibit, TZ! Here's a Washington Post article about the exhibit, everyone, and the great story TZ and Elyse did on his "Our Colored Heroes" story. http://tinyurl.com/mzpuyo8 http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/investigation/our-colored-heroes/ (9 months ago)