Valley Forge Map
The Newport Historical Society have found a faded, hand drawn map with torn edges among the papers of John Austin Stevens. Papers that have sat undisturbed since the 1940s. Stevens founded the Sons of the Revolution in 1876 to preserve the history of the Revolutionary War. John Austin Stevens' grandfather was Ebenezer Stevens who served in the Revolutionary War.
Did General Washington hold this map in his hands during the critical winter at Valley Forge that many historians consider the turning point in the American Revolution? History Detectives host Wes Cowan is on the case.
Valley Forge National Historic Park
1400 North Outer Line Drive
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Revolutionary War Map
- Also with Wes Cowan Mouse Toy Could this tiny toy labeled 'Micky' be the original Mickey Mouse?
- Also with Wes Cowan Civil War Sabotage? The steamship Sultana exploded one night in 1865, killing more than 1,800 people. Was the disaster a result of Civil War sabotage?
- Also with Wes Cowan Red Cloud's Peace Pipe Was this pipe given to an Indian agent by the famous Lakota warrior Chief Red Cloud?
- Also in Season 10 Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also in Season 10 Carson Family Secrets Is this book a Carson family heirloom?
- Also in Season 10 Motown Amp Did this amp boom the bass line of the Motown sound?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.