Valley Forge Map
The Newport Historical Society have found a faded, hand drawn map with torn edges among the papers of John Austin Stevens. Papers that have sat undisturbed since the 1940s. Stevens founded the Sons of the Revolution in 1876 to preserve the history of the Revolutionary War. John Austin Stevens' grandfather was Ebenezer Stevens who served in the Revolutionary War.
Did General Washington hold this map in his hands during the critical winter at Valley Forge that many historians consider the turning point in the American Revolution? History Detectives host Wes Cowan is on the case.
Valley Forge National Historic Park
1400 North Outer Line Drive
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Revolutionary War Map
- Also with Wes Cowan Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa? Teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace in 1975. Was he murdered? If so, who killed him and why?
- Also with Wes Cowan Copperhead Cane How did this cane inspire a fiery political movement that threatened Lincoln's presidency?
- Related Investigation John Adams Book Was this book a gift from John Adams to his son?
- Also with Wes Cowan Lincoln Forgery Could this piece of sheet music have come from Abraham Lincoln's private collection?
- Also in Season 10 Luxury Liner Picture Frame Is this picture frame a piece of the Titanic, Lusitania or neither?
- Related Investigation Continental Currency Could this $6 bill represent America’s first declaration of its independence?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.