- A plastic tub
- Spaghetti noodles
- Pot and stove
- Green food color
- Rubber gloves
- Halloween bits and pieces like plastic eyeballs, spiders, and frogs.
How To Prepare
- Start by filling a pot with water and adding green food color to it. Bring it to a boil. Add the noodles.
- While they are boiling fill the rubber gloves ( I did 3 and 2 survived) with water and freeze.
- When the noodles are done cooking rinse well. Pop them in the fridge until you are ready to play.
- When the water in the gloves are frozen rinse under cool water and remove the glove.
- Add the frozen hands and bits and pieces to the green noodles.
There is no wrong way to explore sensory bins other than perhaps dumping them which some kids do when they first encounter them but play shouldn’t be directed. When my daughter dove into the monster guts she immediately discovered that the noodles were sticking to the frozen hands. This delighted her. After that she started carefully picking out the bugs which worked on her fine motor skills and finally sorting and counting. There is a ton of learning in this gooey gross plastic tub!