- A jar capable of being buried.
- Colored pencils
- A marker
- A shovel and a patch of yard to bury it. If you do not have a yard you could always put the jar away in a closet and leave it there until next Thanksgiving.
How To Prepare The Capsule
- Start by cutting paper into strips.
- Write the year on the end of the strip with a marker.
- Invite your family to come and write what they are thankful for on the strips.
- Roll the notes up and pop them in the jar.
Dig and Bury
Take a walk around your yard and think about where to bury it. Take turns digging and notice just how hard it is to dig a hole! Place the capsule in and promise to dig it up and add more things you are thankful for next year.