Need a last minute Valentine’s Day craft? This ribbon laced heart is a cinch! It uses materials you probably have at home and turns them into a perfectly lovely valentine ready for gifting to someone you love. But… this is Adventures in Learning so there is also a little education thrown in for good measure. The steps it takes to make this craft are packed with skill builders like lacing, using a hole punch and cutting too. Fine motor, hand strength and had eye coordination are all part of literacy development. Reading and writing require strong skills so why not work on them while creating something fun.
What You Will Need
- a cereal box
- hole punch
- red paint but crayons or markers would work in a pinch.
How to Make The Hearts
- Start by drawing two hearts on the inside of your cereal box.
- Paint or color the hearts.
- Cut them out.
- Tape them together and punch holes through both sides.
- Choose a ribbon and thread it through the holes.
- Tie the ends.
Seriously how easy is that? It’s totally cute and don’t forget all the great skills the little artists will be developing as they create!