- jars ( identical is best)
- a timer
- something to record the results on like a chalkboard or paper
- ice cubes
How to Set Up The Activity
- Pour the exact same amount of water into each jar.
- Pop the salt in one, and sugar in the other. We used two tablespoons.
- Make a prediction which of the solutions will melt ice fastest.
- Drop the ice cube in the jars.
- Set the timer and press go.
- Stir – if you stir one you must stir them all. The only variable we changed is the water content. We stirred them for a full minute.
- After more than 9 minutes the first ice cube was completely dissolved. Record your results.