ABCs & 123s Birthday Party
The perfect activity for any age group, bingo is the ideal fun game for before or after cutting the cake. You can divide the party into groups for a collective fun activity and ice breaker.
- printable number/letter call outs (pdf) These will be used in place of balls—to make them last longer, laminate the call-out pieces and bingo cards.
- a bucket, hat or opaque bag
- printable bingo cards (pdf)
- bingo chips—you can use candy too!
- Designate a caller. The caller is the person who selects call-out numbers and announces them to the players.
- Hand out one card per player and chips. Chips can be candy! If any player runs out of chips, they can ask for more.
- Have each player mark off the "free space" on each card. This is their easiest chip placement as it is free and does not require a number to be called for them to cover it.
- Place all of the call-out numbers in a bucket, hat or bag and mix them up. The caller should select a number without looking.
- Have players mark the square with a chip when they hear a number that appears on their card.
- Players shout "BINGO!" when they get a full line (vertical, horizontal or diagonal) or a full card. Up to you to make your fun rules!