ABCs & 123s Birthday Party
Mini Personalized Piñata
These mini piñata party favors are personalized for each guest with their initial, and are easier to make than they look. They also double as place-setting decorations and make a very special personalized favor to give to your guests. Of course, you may use the same techniques to make one much larger piñata. The fun can also start before the party, if you get the birthday child involved in making these, or at least helping to cut the crepe paper!
- crepe paper in red, orange, yellow, green and blue
- papier-mâché or cardboard letters
- scissors for cutting and for fringing
- glue stick
- craft knife
- assorted wrapped candy
- Make a cut along the side of each letter. Make sure it's wide enough to fit the candy through.
- Fill the letters with the wrapped candy and confetti.
- Seal the cuts with tape.
- Take strips of crepe paper in all five colors, and fringe the edges with scissors.
- Starting at the bottom of each letter, glue the strips in place, layering them toward the top as you glue.
- Follow this sequence: red, orange, yellow, green and blue. Repeat if necessary, starting again from red, until the entire letter is covered. Display a letter at each place setting at the table.