ABCs & 123s Birthday Party
Letter and Number Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's (powdered) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. flavoring (we used vanilla)
- 2 1/2-2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- letter and number cookie cutters
- mixer with paddle attachment
- parchment paper
- rolling pin
- measuring cups
- baking sheet
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together softened butter and confectioner's sugar in the mixer with paddle attachment.
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and add the vanilla flavoring. Mix together.
- Add egg mixture to the mixer bowl and mix until the egg is thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, then add the mixture little by little to the mixer bowl.
- The dough is ready when most of it sticks to the paddle. Take it out of the bowl and wrap in clear plastic wrap. Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Roll out on parchment paper to about 1/4 inch thick, using flour for dusting.
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters, place on a baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees (200 Celsius) for seven to eight minutes until lightly golden. Makes 24 cookies, depending on the size of the cutters.