Art Birthday Party
Cut slits at one end of a hot dog to create bristles for your “paintbrush.”
Roll hot dogs into seamless dough and press along the seams before baking.
- refrigerated tube of seamless dough
- bun-size hot dogs or turkey franks
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- cutting board
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- On a cutting board, cut two long, lengthwise slits at one end of a hot dog. Turn the frank on its side and cut two more lengthwise slits, until you have nine bristles on your “paintbrush.”
- Spread the seamless dough out on the cutting board and lay a hot dog on top, making sure the bristles of your paintbrush frank are hanging out of the side. Cut the seamless dough in half so that it matches the length of the hot dog.
- Roll each hot dog in dough until the entire handle part is covered and cut the dough along the side. Using your fingers, press along the seam of the dough so that it is connected around the hot dog.
- Place the paintbrush franks on the cookie sheet and bake for 11 to 13 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.