Art Birthday Party
- white buttercream frosting
- piping bags
- mini cupcakes
- tall, wide-mouthed drinking glass
- icing colors or food coloring
- frosting tip (1M Wilton Open Star tip), coupler, and base
- Divide the frosting into six bowls, since you’ll be making six different frosting colors.
- Add a small amount of icing color to each bowl of frosting, a little at a time until you achieve the color you are after. Remember, a little goes a long way. Stir well.
- Repeat step two until each bowl is a color of the rainbow.
- Read the easy instructions on the back of the piping bags for information on how to attach the coupler, base, and tip. Fill a piping bag with the first color. Tip: Place the piping bag into a tall drinking glass and fold the edges down over the sides, then use a spatula to fill the bag with frosting. Squeeze down firmly till the frosting is just about to the edge of your frosting tip and ready to pipe.
- Using two hands, one on the base of the piping bag and one at the top of the bag to keep squeezing the frosting down, start piping from the outside of the mini cupcake. Move in a circular motion, dipping down slightly when you reach the center of the cupcake and then lifting up quickly. Practice a few times and then you’ll get the hang of it!
- Pipe all six colors onto the cupcakes and place on a wooden artist’s palette to create a gorgeous display of Art Party desserts! Don’t forget to use the Palette Pastry label and easel stands to really pack a punch!