Arthur Birthday Party
Fruit Collage (with Gooey Tasty Dip Stuff)
We used cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries in our collage.
- variety of fruits, sliced
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups marshmallow spread
- knife and cutting board (for adult use only)
- several bowls
- electric hand mixer (for adult use only)
- rubber spatula
- mixing bowl
- large platter
- Since the berry buoys need to freeze, make them first: Layer the bottoms of several paper cups with berries. (We used a mix of blueberries and raspberries.) Gently cover the berries with cold water. (Don't worry if they float a little.) Put the cups in the freezer until the water is solid.
- Make the punch: Just before party time, mix your chosen fruit juices and ginger ale in the punch bowl. Whatever juices you choose, we do suggest that you use half as much of any citrus juices as you do of other sweeter juices. (We mixed 2 cups of white grape juice and 1 cup of pineapple juice with our 3 cups of ginger ale .)
- Drop the buoys: At serving time, take the buoys out of the freezer and peel the paper cups off. Drop buoys into the punch with whichever side looks nicer facing up! Put a ladle in the bowl and serve next to a stack of drinking cups.