Arthur Birthday Party
Fruit Collage (with Gooey Tasty Dip Stuff)
We used cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries in our collage.
- variety of fruits, sliced
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups marshmallow spread
- knife and cutting board (for adult use only)
- several bowls
- electric hand mixer (for adult use only)
- rubber spatula
- mixing bowl
- large platter
- Prep all the fruit by cutting it into different shapes and sorting it into several different bowls. (Prep should be done by an adult only.)
- Next, make the dip:
- Use an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed to cream the cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Add the marshmallow spread and beat at the same speed until smooth.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg to your own taste. (Remember that it's easier to add than to take away, so try just a few shakes of each to start.)
- Cover dip and put in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Invite your child to help you arrange the fruit on a large platter. Wash hands first, and then get creative!
- To serve, lay the platter out with a large spoon. Serve the dip in a gravy bowl or in a regular bowl with a ladle so guests can spoon it onto their plates.