Book Birthday Party
- scissors or paper cutter
- marker or pen
- assorted paint (washable preferred)
- hole punch
- bookworm bookmark printable (pdf)
- Print as many bookworm bookmark printables as you need and cut them out with scissors or a paper cutter.
- Punch a hole with the hole punch at the top center of the bookmark, over the black dot provided.
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 6 inches long. Make a loop at the center of the ribbon and thread it through the hole.
- Pull the ends of the ribbon through the loop until the ribbon is securely fastened through the hole.
- Have your little party guests string beads on both ends of the ribbon and knot both ends to keep the beads in place.
- Add your little ones’ name, age, and favorite book to the space provided on the bookmarks.
- With the washable paints, have the little party guests make a fingerprint with each of their fingers, starting with the thumb, from the top of the bookmark on down. The thumbprint will be the head of the bookworm.
- Once the paint is dry, have the children draw eyes, a mouth, and antennae on the face of the bookworm and then take their bookmarks home as a special keepsake.