Book Birthday Party
- wrapping-paper tube
- solid heavy cardstock
- transparent tape
- duct tape
- scissors or a paper cutter
- paint pens or black marker
- gray paint and paintbrush
- book templates, three sizes (pdf)
- Fold and press down the wrapping-paper tube so that it creases flat against the table.
- Repeat the above step so that the tube forms a square.
- Paint the tube gray and allow it to dry.
- Using the book template printables, trace and cut out assorted sizes of "books." You will need about 10-11 books per wrapping-paper tube shelf.
- Fold the two side tabs and the small tab at the bottom of the paper book cutout inward.
- Turn the book cutout over and with a paint pen or marker, hand draw a few fun designs and jot down a clever title.
- Once the paint or ink is dry, turn the book cutout over and secure the folded tabs with transparent tape. Repeat the above two steps for the remaining book cutouts.
- Add a small piece of duct tape to the bottom of each paper book.
- Attach the wrapping-paper tube to the wall using thumbtacks, just inside the tube on each end.
- Set the duct tape end of the cardstock books on the wrapping paper tube, then secure the top of the books to the wall using transparent tape. Hang this budget-friendly and simple bookshelf backdrop above your party table to create a fun library display for your favorite little reader!