Book Birthday Party
Layer the folded pages in a straight line, slightly overlapping, and staple them together at the bottom to secure.
- stapler and staples
- Styrofoam circle
- craft glue
- pipe cleaners (red and black)
- 2 googly eyes
- 3 assorted mini pom-poms
- 1 sheet of cardstock paper
- Rip several pages from your book.
- Lightly accordion fold each page and staple at the bottom to hold the folds in place.
- With your scissors, round the corners of each folded book page.
- Layer your folded book pages in a straight line, slightly overlapping, and staple them together at the bottom to secure. Continue layering them until you have used about eight folded book pages. Make sure to use plenty of staples.
- Repeat the above step until you have made another strip of eight folded book pages.
- Stack your two strips of book pages, one on top of the other, and staple them together.
- Gently pull the folds apart and fluff with your fingers to create volume. Add more staples along the bottom for more stability if necessary.
- Repeat the above four steps until you have a book-page bookworm long enough to decorate the length of your party table.
- Place the Styrofoam circle on top of the sheet of cardstock and cut around it, then glue the cardstock circle to the front of the Styrofoam. This will be the bookworm’s face.
- Add two googly eyes, a pom-pom nose and a red pipe cleaner mouth to the face.
- Cut two pieces of black pipe cleaner and glue the remaining two pom-poms to the end of each piece.
- Insert both of the pipe cleaners into the top of the bookworm’s head to make the antennae.
- Form two circles with two black pipe cleaners and twist them together to create a pair of glasses for your bookworm.
- Fold the glasses around the bookworm's head and attach with glue.
- Glue the Styrofoam head of the bookworm to the book-page pom-pom body and you are all set! (We added a book from our book garland tutorial for an extra fun touch!)