Book Birthday Party
Rice Krispie Treats Bookworms
- Rice Krispies cereal (6 cups)
- marshmallows (one 10 oz. package)
- butter (3 tablespoons)
- baking spatula
- plastic wrap
- googly eyes
- assorted pipe cleaners
- washi tape
- bookworm favor tag (pdf)
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- With buttered hands, shape your Rice Krispies treat mixture into bookworm shapes, about 3 inches long.
- Wrap each bookworm in plastic, trimming the excess plastic wrap so the bookworm can lie flat.
- Cut three thin strips of washi tape and wrap them around the body of each Rice Krispies bookworm to make stripes.
- Cut a piece of pipe cleaner and wrap it around the neck of the bookworm to form the antennae. Curl the ends using your fingers or a pencil.
- Glue two googly eyes to the face of each bookworm.
- Cut out the bookworm favor tags and tape a Rice Krispies bookworm to the front of each one, on the blank space provided. Hand out to thank your little guests for attending the Book Party!